Samuel G. Talbott papers
Papers (ca. 25 items) documenting Talbott's cadetship and part of his army career. Includes VMI report and confinement list (1898); diary and miscellaneous items dating from his service with the 28th Infantry Regiment in the Philippines, 1901-1903; awards and certificates.
- 1898 - 1935
Conditions Governing Access
There are no restrictions.
Conditions Governing Access Collections in the VMI Archives are made available for educational and research use. The VMI Archives should be cited as the source. The user assumes all responsibility for identifying and satisfying any claimants of copyright and for adhering to publication requirements. Materials from our collections may not be redistributed, published or reproduced without permission. Contact the VMI Archives for additional information.
0.25 Linear Feet (ca. 25 items)
Biographical / Historical
Samuel Greaner Talbott, b. 1877 Richmond, Virginia; VMI Class of 1899; United States Army officer, 1902-1945; died 1965, Virginia.
- Philippine American War (Philippines : 1899-1902)
- Philippines -- History -- 1898-1946
- United States -- Army -- Officers -- Biography
- United States. -- Army. -- Division of the Philippines
- Virginia Military Institute -- Alumni -- Biography
- Virginia Military Institute -- Cadet life -- 1890-1899
- Virginia Military Institute -- Class of 1899