Robert M. T. Hunter manuscript
41 page manuscript of speech given at VMI by Senator Robert M. T. Hunter on July 3, 1857 as part of the celebrations marking the end of the academic year. The speech was subsequently printed by McFarlane & Fergusson, Richmond VA, and that published version is also available in the archives.
Conditions Governing Access
Open to researchers.
Conditions Governing Use
Collections in the VMI Archives are made available for educational and research use. The VMI Archives should be cited as the source. The user assumes all responsibility for identifying and satisfying any claimants of copyright and for adhering to publication requirements. Materials from our collections may not be redistributed, published or reproduced without permission. Contact the VMI Archives for additional information.
1 items (41 pages)
Biographical / Historical
Robert Mercer Taliaferro Hunter, b. 1809; lawyer and politician; United States Senator; CSA Secretary of State; d. 1887.
- Commencement ceremonies
- Speeches, addresses, etc.
- Virginia Military Institute -- Cadet life -- 1850-1859
- Virginia Military Institute -- Class of 1857
- Virginia Military Institute -- Finals -- 19th century
- Virginia Military Institute -- Special Events
- Virginia Military Institute -- Speeches, Addresses, etc.