James L. Morrison, Jr. Memoirs
One typescript, "Reminiscences of a Keydet Cavalryman" by Col. James L. Morrison, Jr., VMI Class of 1945. Morrison gives a detailed account his years as a cadet participating in ROTC cavalry unit, 1941-1943 and 1945-1947. Subjects include the operation of the unit at VMI; cadet riding activities, including polo; and individuals involved in the programs.
Conditions Governing Access
Open to researchers.
Conditions Governing Use
Manuscript collections in the VMI Archives are made available for educational and research use. The VMI Archives should be cited as the source. The user assumes all responsibility for identifying and satisfying any claimants of copyright and for adhering to publication requirements. Materials from our collections may not be redistributed, published or reproduced without permission. Contact the VMI Archives for additional information.
- Cavalry horses
- United States -- Army -- Cavalry -- Drill and tactics
- United States -- Army -- Reserve Officers' Training Corps
- Virginia Military Institute -- Army ROTC
- Virginia Military Institute -- Cadet life -- 1940-1949
- Virginia Military Institute -- Class of 1945
- Virginia Military Institute -- History -- World War, 1939-1945