Richard C. Taylor letter
One letter from Cadet Richard C. Taylor to his father, dated January 15, 1854. He describes in detail the circumstances surrounding the murder of his classmate Cadet Thomas Blackburn by Charles B. Christian, a Washington College law student.
- Taylor, Richard C., 1835-1917 (Correspondent, Person)
Conditions Governing Access
There are no restrictions
Conditions Governing Use
Manuscript collections in the VMI Archives are made available for educational and research use. The VMI Archives should be cited as the source. The user assumes all responsibility for identifying and satisfying any copyright holders. Materials from our collections may not be redistributed, published or reproduced without permission from the VMI Archives. Contact the VMI Archives for additional information.
Biographical / Historical
Richard C. Taylor, b. 1835 Norfolk, VA; Class of 1854; Major, Artillery, CSA; railroad official and teacher; died 1917, Norfolk, VA.
- Blackburn, Tom, 1834-1854
- Christian, Charles B. (Charles Burks)
- Lexington (Va.) -- History
- Murder -- Virginia -- Lexington -- History -- 19th century
- Virginia Military Institute -- Cadet life -- 1850-1859
- Virginia Military Institute -- Class of 1854
- Washington College (Lexington, Va.) -- Students
- Washington and Lee University -- Students