Hardaway H. Dinwiddie papers
Miscellaneous papers (6 items) of Hardaway H. Dinwiddie, including manuscript of VMI valedictory speech, 1867; "phrenological analysis" 1858; calling card; poems about the New Market Cadets; certificate of withdrawal from Lexington's Masonic Lodge, 1868; and 1867 VMI commencement program.
- 1858 - 1868
Conditions Governing Access
There are no restrictions
Conditions Governing Use
Manuscript collections in the VMI Archives are made available for educational and research use. The VMI Archives should be cited as the source. The user assumes all responsibility for identifying and satisfying any copyright holders. Materials from our collections may not be redistributed, published or reproduced without permission from the VMI Archives. Contact the VMI Archives for additional information.
Biographical / Historical
Hardaway Hunt Dinwiddie b. 1844 Lynchburg, VA; VMI Class of 1867 and New Market Cadet; educator; d. 1887 Texas.
- Freemasons -- Lexington, Va
- New Market Cadets
- Virginia Military Institute -- Cadet compositions -- Poetry
- Virginia Military Institute -- Cadet life -- 1860-1869
- Virginia Military Institute -- Class of 1867
- Virginia Military Institute -- Finals -- 19th century
- Virginia Military Institute -- Speeches, Addresses, etc.