Nalle Family Civil War letters
One letter (January 15, 1865) written to Cadet G. B. Wallace Nalle by his father Philip Pendleton Nalle of Culpepper Co., Virginia; Mr. Nalle urges Cadet Nalle to remain at VMI rather than join the Confederate Army. Also one letter fragment from Cadet Nalle's mother, ca. 1865, in which Mrs. Nalle discusses the actions of Union troops in Culpepper Co. and other war news.
- January 15, 1865
- Nalle, Philip Pendleton (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
There are no restrictions
Conditions Governing Use
Manuscript collections in the VMI Archives are made available for educational and research use. The VMI Archives should be cited as the source. The user assumes all responsibility for identifying and satisfying any copyright holders. Materials from our collections may not be redistributed, published or reproduced without permission from the VMI Archives. Contact the VMI Archives for additional information.
Biographical / Historical
Gustavus Brown Wallace Nalle, b. 1846, Culpepper Co., VA; VMI Class of 1867 and New Market cadet; merchant and farmer; d. 1926, Culpepper, Va.
- Culpeper County (Va.) -- History
- Nalle, G. B. Wallace (Gustavus Brown Wallace), 1846-1926
- New Market Cadets
- Virginia -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865
- Virginia Military Institute -- Cadet life -- 1860-1869
- Virginia Military Institute -- Cadet life -- 1861-1865
- Virginia Military Institute -- Class of 1867