William A. Irvine notebook
Notebook compiled by VMI Cadet William A. Irvine, 1888-1889. Contains poetry (copied and original), sketches, programs from the Lexington Minstrel Club and the VMI Minstrel Club.
- 1888 - 1889
Conditions Governing Access
There are no restrictions
Conditions Governing Use
Manuscript collections in the VMI Archives are made available for educational and research use. The VMI Archives should be cited as the source. The user assumes all responsibility for identifying and satisfying any copyright holders. Materials from our collections may not be redistributed, published or reproduced without permission from the VMI Archives. Contact the VMI Archives for additional information.
Biographical / Historical
William Alexander Irvine, b. 1866, Rockbridge Co., VA; VMI Class of 1889; businessman; d. 1923, Petersburg, VA.
- Lexington (Va.) -- Social life and customs
- Minstrel shows
- Virginia Military Institute -- Cadet Life -- 1880-1889
- Virginia Military Institute -- Cadet compositions -- Poetry
- Virginia Military Institute -- Cadet drawings
- Virginia Military Institute -- Cadet organizations
- Virginia Military Institute -- Class of 1889