William Gilham papers
Miscellaneous papers of 19th century VMI faculty member William Gilham, including: VMI weekly class report, ca. 1860; dispatch signed Gen. Robert E. Lee; letter from Moses Ezekiel; photographs (subjects are Gen. Lee; Gilham and his wife; Libby Prison; Richmond during the Civil War); misc. incoming correspondence; invitations to social events in Lexington, Virginia from the McDowell family; Official Register of the Officers and Cadets of the U. S. Military Academy, June 1841.
- 1846 - 1861
- Gilham, William, 1818-1872 (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
There are no restrictions
Conditions Governing Use
Manuscript collections in the VMI Archives are made available for educational and research use. The VMI Archives should be cited as the source. The user assumes all responsibility for identifying and satisfying any copyright holders. Materials from our collections may not be redistributed, published or reproduced without permission from the VMI Archives. Contact the VMI Archives for additional information.
21 items (approximately 21 items)
Biographical / Historical
William Gilham, b. 1818 Vincennes, IN; United States Military Academy Class of 1840; U.S. Army officer; Virginia Military Institute faculty member, 1846-1864; d. 1872, Vermont.
Online Access Photographs
- Gilham, Cordelia Hayden
- Lexington (Va.) -- Social life and customs
- Libby Prison -- Photographs
- Richmond (Va.) -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Photographs
- United States Military Academy -- History -- 19th century
- Virginia Military Institute -- Faculty
- Virginia Military Institute -- History -- 19th century