George H. Stegman collection
A collection of approximately 1000 engravings and mounted photographs which depict various aspects of American military and political history. Subjects include Confederate and Union officers; battles; prisons & other buildings; Presidents and statesmen; Revoutionary and Mexican War officers; bridges and implements of war.
- Date approximate. 19th century, post Civil War
- Stegman, George H. (Person)
Restrictions on Access
There are no restrictions
Conditions Governing Use
Manuscript collections in the VMI Archives are made available for educational and research use. The VMI Archives should be cited as the source. The user assumes all responsibility for identifying and satisfying any copyright holders. Materials from our collections may not be redistributed, published or reproduced without permission from the VMI Archives. Contact the VMI Archives for additional information.
2 cubic feet (approximately 1000 items)
- Confederate States of America in art
- Mexican War, 1846-1848 -- Art and the war
- Portrait prints, American
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Art and the war
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Battlefields -- Pictorial works
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Portraits