Robert A. Earle papers
Robert A. Earle papers, approximately 100 items, 1923-1964. Include VMI scrapbook (1923-1927, photos from service in the Marine Corps during World War II (Pacific Theater), misc. papers and photos dating from Earle's 37 year career with the U.S. Coast and Geodetic Survey, and misc. military papers.
- 1923 - 1964
Conditions Governing Access
There are no restrictions
Conditions Governing Use
Manuscript collections in the VMI Archives are made available for educational and research use. The VMI Archives should be cited as the source. The user assumes all responsibility for identifying and satisfying any copyright holders. Materials from our collections may not be redistributed, published or reproduced without permission from the VMI Archives. Contact the VMI Archives for additional information.
1 Linear Feet (approximately 100 items)
Biographical / Historical
Robert August Earle, b. 1906, Montclair, NJ; VMI Class of 1927; Marine Corps officers, World War II; Capt., U.S. Coast and Geodetic Survey; d. 1991, Williamsburg, VA.
- U.S. Coast and Geodetic Survey.
- United States -- Marine Corps -- Officers -- Biography
- Virginia Military Institute -- Alumni -- Biography
- Virginia Military Institute -- Cadet Life -- 1920-1929
- Virginia Military Institute -- Class of 1927
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Pacific Area
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Pacific Area -- Photographs