George L. Barton Papers
The collection consists of his diaries for the period 1909-1936; 1 volume of lecture notes (1933-1935) used for a history course at VMI; and a photograph album (1917-1927) containing images of cadet life, VMI buildings, and family members.
- 1909 - 1936
Conditions Governing Access
There are no restrictions
Conditions Governing Use
Manuscript collections in the VMI Archives are made available for educational and research use. The VMI Archives should be cited as the source. The user assumes all responsibility for identifying and satisfying any copyright holders. Materials from our collections may not be redistributed, published or reproduced without permission from the VMI Archives. Contact the VMI Archives for additional information.
Biographical / Historical
George Lloyd Barton (1891-1984) was a Professor of Latin, History, and French at the Virginia Military Institute from 1917-1935. He later served as Headmaster of the Virginia Episcopal School (1943-1957).
- Lexington (Va.) -- Biography
- Lexington (Va.) -- Photographs
- Virginia Military Institute -- Buildings, structures, etc -- Photographs
- Virginia Military Institute -- Cadet Life -- 1910-1919
- Virginia Military Institute -- Cadet Life -- 1920-1929
- Virginia Military Institute -- Faculty -- Biography
- Virginia Military Institute -- Faculty -- Papers
- Virginia Military Institute -- Photographs
- Virginia Military Institute. Department of History