Edward T. Beall Civil War Diary, 1863.
Diary of sixteen year old soldier Edward T. Beall, covering period September 1862 -October 1863. Very brief entries concerning regimental activities (miles marched, location of camps, etc.). The volume begins with a short biographical sketch of Beall's early life. The volume also contains poetry/song: "When This Cruel War is Over", "The Little Girl", "Lieutenant General Jackson"
Conditions Governing Access
There are no restrictions
Conditions Governing Use
Manuscript collections in the VMI Archives are made available for educational and research use. The VMI Archives should be cited as the source. The user assumes all responsibility for identifying and satisfying any copyright holders. Materials from our collections may not be redistributed, published or reproduced without permission from the VMI Archives. Contact the VMI Archives for additional information.
1 items (bound volume, 7.5 " x 6" x 1/2")
Biographical / Historical
Edward T. Beall born. ca. 1847, West Virginia; enlisted CSA February 1862; private Co. H., 62nd Virginia Infantry Regiment; farmer; date of death unknown.
- Confederate States of America -- Army -- Virginia Infantry Regiment, 62nd
- Confederate States of America -- Poetry
- Soldiers -- Virginia -- Diaries
- Songs -- Confederate States of America
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Songs and music
- Virginia -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Personal narratives, Confederate