Derastus E. W. Myers letter
Letter, dated 11 May 1863, from Confederate soldier D.E.W. Myers to his brother and sister. The letter was written from "Camp Near Hamilton's Crossing" after the Battle of Chancellorsville; topics include death of Gen. Stonewall Jackson. Myers served as a Sergeant with the 33rd Virginia Infantry Regiment.
- 1863 May 11
- Myers, Derastus E. W. (Person)
Restrictions on Access
There are no restrictions.
Conditions Governing Use
Manuscript collections in the VMI Archives are made available for educational and research use. The VMI Archives should be cited as the source. The user assumes all responsibility for identifying and satisfying any copyright holders. Materials from our collections may not be redistributed, published or reproduced without permission from the VMI Archives. Contact the VMI Archives for additional information.
- Chancellorsville (Va.), Battle of, 1863
- Confederate States of America -- Army -- Virginia Infantry Regiment, 33rd
- Jackson, Stonewall, 1824-1863
- Soldiers -- Virginia -- Correspondence
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Personal narratives, Confederate
- Virginia -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865