Richard S. Ewell papers
Miscellaneous papers (3 items) of Richard S. Ewell. Includes a letter written while he was a cadet at West Point (June 17, 1838) to Benjamin S. Ewell of York, PA; and 2 Civil War dispatches (1862 and 1864). The collection also contains a map fo the Cedar Mountain battlefield drawn by Gen. Ewell.
- 1838 - 1864
- Ewell, Richard Stoddert, 1817-1872 (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
There are no restrictions
Conditions Governing Use
Manuscript collections in the VMI Archives are made available for educational and research use. The VMI Archives should be cited as the source. The user assumes all responsibility for identifying and satisfying any copyright holders. Materials from our collections may not be redistributed, published or reproduced without permission from the VMI Archives. Contact the VMI Archives for additional information.
- Cedar Creek (Va.), Battle of, 1864
- Cedar Mountain (Culpeper County, Va), Battle of, 1862 -- Maps
- Generals -- Confederate States of America
- Military maps
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Maps
- United States Military Academy -- History -- 19th century
- Virginia -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865