R. Emmett Martin letter
Civil War letter from Confederate soldier R. Emmett Martin to his wife, dated 3 July 1862. Letter is headed "Battlefield" and discusses Battle of Malvern Hill (Seven Days' Battle, Peninsular Campaign). Martin writes to "inform you of my safety after the hard fought battle of the lst inst." and disusses heavy casualties in his regiment.
- Martin, R. Emmett (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
There are no restrictions.
Conditions Governing Use
Manuscript collections in the VMI Archives are made available for educational and research use. The VMI Archives should be cited as the source. The user assumes all responsibility for identifying and satisfying any copyright holders. Materials from our collections may not be redistributed, published or reproduced without permission from the VMI Archives. Contact the VMI Archives for additional information.
- Malvern Hill, Battle of (Virginia : 1862)
- Peninsular Campaign (1862)
- Seven Days' Battles (Virginia : 1862)
- Soldiers -- Virginia -- Correspondence
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Personal narratives
- Virginia -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865