William G. McClure papers
Papers documenting the U. S. Marine Corps career of William G. McClure, Jr., Virginia Military Institute, Class of 1943. The bulk of the papers concern the period of his active duty during World War II, when he served with the 1st Marine Division in the Pacific and was awarded the Purple Heart. Other items include papers relating to his postwar service as a reserve officer; miscellaneous photographs, including one photo of the Class of 1943 Ring Figure Dance (Nov. 1941); biographical and genealogical information.
- 1941 - 1958
- McClure, William G., Jr. (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
There are no restrictions
Conditions Governing Use
Manuscript collections in the VMI Archives are made available for educational and research use. The VMI Archives should be cited as the source. The user assumes all responsibility for identifying and satisfying any copyright holders. Materials from our collections may not be redistributed, published or reproduced without permission from the VMI Archives. Contact the VMI Archives for additional information.
0.5 Linear Feet (approx. 50 items)
- Ring Presentations and Ring Figure
- Soldiers -- United States -- History -- 20th century
- United States -- Marine Corps -- Officers -- Biography
- United States -- Marine Corps. Division, 1st
- Virginia Military Institute -- Alumni -- Biography
- Virginia Military Institute -- Class of 1941
- World War (1939-1945)