Samuel L. Austin scrapbook
Cadet scrapbook of Samuel L. Austin, Virginia Military Institute Class of 1921, covering the period 1916-1919. The scrapbook contains over 100 snapshots, as well as dance programs, clippings, drawings, and other VMI memorabilia. Topics of the photographs include his classmates and friends; cadet life (parades, classroom scenes, spring hike, penalty tours, marching to class, gymnasium decorated for a dance); athletics (football, baseball, track, basketball); buildings and grounds (statues, Francis H. Smith Academic Building; barracks exterior, stoops, and rooms; 1907 Library); and special events (Woodrow Wilson inaugural parade; parade in Roanoke).
- 1916 - 1919
Conditions Governing Access
There are no restrictions
Conditions Governing Use
Manuscript collections in the VMI Archives are made available for educational and research use. The VMI Archives should be cited as the source. The user assumes all responsibility for identifying and satisfying any copyright holders. Materials from our collections may not be redistributed, published or reproduced without permission from the VMI Archives. Contact the VMI Archives for additional information.
- Virginia Military Institute -- Athletics
- Virginia Military Institute -- Buildings, structures, etc -- Photographs
- Virginia Military Institute -- Cadet Life -- 1910-1919
- Virginia Military Institute -- Class of 1921
- Virginia Military Institute -- Photographs
- Virginia Military Institute -- Scrapbooks
- Virginia Military Institute -- Social life and customs