Robert N. Bond Collection
Scrapbook compiled by Cadet Robert Bond, Jr., VMI Class of 1919, covering the academic year 1915-1916. Included are snapshots, dance programs, clipppings, and other VMI memorabilia. Topics of the photographs include his classmates and friends, cadet life, athletics, faculty, and VMI buildings. The collection also includes 2 letters to his father; the letter dated September 12, 1915, contains an extensive description of the life of a new cadet ("Rat"), including a description of hazing practices.
- 1915 - 1916
- Bond, Robert N., 1899-1924 (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
There are no restrictions
Conditions Governing Use
Manuscript collections in the VMI Archives are made available for educational and research use. The VMI Archives should be cited as the source. The user assumes all responsibility for identifying and satisfying any copyright holders. Materials from our collections may not be redistributed, published or reproduced without permission from the VMI Archives. Contact the VMI Archives for additional information.
- Virginia Military Institute -- Athletics
- Virginia Military Institute -- Buildings, structures, etc -- Photographs
- Virginia Military Institute -- Cadet Life -- 1910-1919
- Virginia Military Institute -- Class of 1919
- Virginia Military Institute -- Photographs
- Virginia Military Institute -- Scrapbooks
- Virginia Military Institute -- Social life and customs