James Guthrie Scrapbook
VMI scrapbook, covering the 1928-1929 school year, compiled by Cadet James B. Guthrie of Birmingham, Alabama. He was a member of the Class of 1932 and attended for one year. The scrapbook Includes photographs of cadet life and buildings; clippings and other memorabilia. A few items date from Guthrie's attendance at the Gulf Coast Military Academy prior to his enrollment at VMI. Guthrie (b. 1907 d. 1984) spent 32 years in the U. S. Army.
- 1928 - 1929
- Guthrie, James B., 1907-1984 (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
There are no restrictions.
Conditions Governing Use
Manuscript collections in the VMI Archives are made available for educational and research use. The VMI Archives should be cited as the source. The user assumes all responsibility for identifying and satisfying any copyright holders. Materials from our collections may not be redistributed, published or reproduced without permission from the VMI Archives. Contact the VMI Archives for additional information.
- Gulf Coast Military Academy
- Virginia Military Institute -- Athletics
- Virginia Military Institute -- Buildings, structures, etc -- Photographs
- Virginia Military Institute -- Cadet Life -- 1920-1929
- Virginia Military Institute -- Class of 1932
- Virginia Military Institute -- Photographs
- Virginia Military Institute -- Scrapbooks