Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
Scope and Contents Bound and unbound historical records documenting the operation of the Commandant's office and of the Corps of Cadets. The earliest examples date from 1839, the first year of the Institute. Items include: guard records, morning reports, demerit books, inspection books, permit books, muster rolls, record of events, penalty tour and confinement records, Commandant orders and memoranda, World War I Training Camp (1917-1918), ordnance stores (1858, 1861), George C. Marshall signed amnesty...
Scope and Contents Three personal letters written by General George C. Marshall to John M. Camp Jr.
Scope and Contents Four volumes typescript "Memories of the Old VMI", written by Henry P. Fry ca. 1950. Fry describes his life as a cadet from January 1898-June 1901. Particular emphasis is placed on the Class of 1901 and Fry's classmate Cadet George C. Marshall. Collection also includes family photographs, miscellaneous correspondence, misc. other documents.
Contents Note A collection, approximately 50 items, of stamps and envelopes donated to VMI by various individuals. Includes examples of Civil War covers and postage stamps; also a variety of commemorative issues, many of which relate to VMI is some way (George C. Marshall; New Market); a collection of World War II era envelopes with stamps sent by various General Officers.
- Names: Marshall, George C. (George Catlett), 1880-1959 X
- 1 Commemorative postage stamps -- United States
- 1 New Market (Va.), Battle of, 1864 -- Anniversaries, etc
- 1 Postage-stamps -- Confederate States of America
- 1 Postage-stamps -- United States
- 1 Stamped envelopes
- 1 Virginia Military Institute -- Cadet life -- 1890-1899
- 1 Virginia Military Institute -- Cadet life -- 1900-1909
- 1 Virginia Military Institute -- Cadet life -- 19th century
- 1 Virginia Military Institute -- Class of 1901
- 1 Virginia Military Institute -- History