Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
Scope and Contents A collection of miscellaneous materials from the life of Frank McCarthy, consisting of 7 notebooks containing clippings of articles written by McCarthy during his VMI cadetship and during the two years after graduation; script for the newsreel "West Point of the South" (1936); and items from the production of the movie "Patton" (1970), which McCarthy produced.
Scope and Contents The collection consists primarily of ca. 20 items from John H. Kyle's VMI cadetship (1919-1923), including a scrapbook, grade reports, sketchbook with pencil drawings of cadets and cartoons depicting VMI life, and photographs. Also miscellaneous documents from 1923-1937, including a letter from Frank McCarthy, Class of 1933.
Scope and Contents Miscellaneous personal papers (10 items) from the cadetship of Otis D. Smith, Class of 1933. Includes Smith's letter of appointment to VMI (1929); 1 letter to Cadet Smith from the Lexington Postmaster explaining why VMI does not have a branch post office; correspondence concerning the purchase of a radio & radio contest; Finals program, 1933; 2 photographs (cadet group with Frank McCarthy, Smith & others; Smith on stoops); postcard (1929) sent by Superintendent John A. Lejeune to...
- Names: McCarthy, Frank, 1912-1986 X
- 1 Drawings (visual works)
- 1 Feature films
- 2 Virginia Military Institute -- Cadet Life -- 1920-1929
- 1 Virginia Military Institute -- Cadet drawings
- 2 Virginia Military Institute -- Cadet life -- 1930-1939
- 1 Virginia Military Institute -- Class of 1923
- 1 Virginia Military Institute -- Class of 1933