Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 26
Scope and Contents The papers consist primarily of documents and photographs dating from Kibler's World War II service with the 12th Army Group, European Theater. Included are memoranda to and from Kibler and other senior officers (1943-1945); HQ 12th Army Group Commanding General's briefings (1944-1945); reports, including "Reports of the General Board, United States Forces, European Theater" (G-3 Section); photographs, and organizational charts.
Scope and Contents Papers dating from Britt's army career, 1930-1962. Include correspondence; reports; notes and exercises from courses taken at the British Army Staff College, Camberley; speeches and articles; photographs. One scrapbook dates from cadetship at VMI.
Scope and Contents Professional and personal papers, primarily consisting of scrapbooks, photographs, and certificates. Includes two scrapbooks dating from his U. S. Army career. The first covers 1943-1946, including information about the 10th Mountain Division in Italy. The second covers his assignment at Nuremberg Military Post, Germany, 1948-1950. The scrapbooks contain documents and photographs.The collection also includes personal scrapbook and albums, ca. 1947; certificates and...
Contents Note Eight documents from the career of army officer Duff Green, VMI Class of 1929, including U. S. Army commission (1929); Legion of Merit citation; 29th Armored Infantry Battalion certificate; U. S. Army retirement certificate; VMI Alumni Association certificate; VMI Sportsmen's Club certificate; VMI Institute Society certificate; and VMI Alumni Association certificate.
Scope and Contents Commissions and certificates (10 items) from the army career of Edmund C. Waddill.
Scope and Contents The collection (ca. 21 items) includes transcripts of two oral history interviews. The first interview was conducted by J. Addison Hagan on January 20, 1967, concerning the Inchon Operation during the Korean War; the second was conducted by Capt. Thomas F. Fergusson on 25-30 March 1975"Reminscences of a Soldier; An Oral History of Lieutenant General Edward Mallory Almond, United States Army, 1892-1979". Other items include photograph (16 items), 1950-1951; misc. documents.
Scope and Contents Oral history interview transcript. This interview was conducted in August 2009 by Dr. Lewis Sorley for the U. S. Army Military History Institute Senior Officers Oral History Program.
Scope and Contents World War II papers of Lt. Col. J. Claiborn Byrd, who served with the 100th Infantry Division. The papers consist primarily of stateside training materials dating from his attendance at the Infantry School (Ft. Benning, GA, 1942) and the Command and General Staff College course (1943). A few miscellaneous documents date from the 100th Division's service in the European Theater.
Scope and Contents The collection consists of J. Russell Major's World War II papers, primarily letters written to his parents during the period 1942-1945. The early letters covers his training as a Field Artillery officer at Ft. Sill, Oklahoma (1942-1944) and other U. S. bases, including Laurinburg-Maxton Army Air Base (Glider School) and Ft. Bragg, North Carolina. Letters from July 1944-May 1945 date from his service as a forward artillery observer in France and Germany. Other items in the collection include...
Scope and Contents The collection includes military orders, misc. documents relating to bombing missions, misc. other military records, and five photographs. The collection also contains information dating from Randolph's VMI Cadetship, including material relating to his involvement in the production of the "Second Class Show"; and a notebook containing engineering class notes.
- Subject: United States -- Army -- Officers -- Biography X
- 1 Almond, Edward M. (Edward Mallory), 1892-1979
- 1 Anderson, Marvin J. (Marvin Judson), 1921-1943
- 1 Arnold, Thomas St. John
- 1 Britt, Albert S.
- 1 Burress, Withers A. (Withers Alexander), 1894-1977
- 1 Cochran, William B. (William Burr)
- 1 Couper, John L. (John Lee), 1916-2000
- 1 Couper, Wm. (William), b. 1884
- 1 Douglas, Wallace S., 1901-1982
- 1 Downer, John W., 1881-1977
- 1 Edgar, C. Ernest, III, MG (Charles Ernest)
- 1 Eisenhower, Dwight D. (Dwight David), 1890-1969
- 1 Gerow, Lee S. (Lee Saunders), 1891-1982
- 1 Gerow, Leonard Townsend, 1888-1972
- 1 Green, Duff
- 1 Harbord, James G. (James Guthrie), 1866-1947
- 1 Irby, Richard L., 1918-2002
- 1 Kibler, A. Franklin (Abram Franklin), 1891-1955
- 1 MacArthur, Douglas, 1880-1964
- 1 Major, J. Russell (James Russell), 1921-
- 1 McCuaig, Duncan R., Dr.
- 1 Patton, George S. (George Smith), 1885-1945
- 1 Peay, J. H. Binford, III
- 1 Perkinson, T. Randolph, Jr. (Thomas Randolph), 1895-1973
- 1 Pershing, John J. (John Joseph), 1860-1948
- 1 Randolph, John H. Jr., 1921-
- 1 Rockenbach, Samuel D. (Samuel Dickerson), 1869-1952
- 1 Ruffner, David L. (David Lewis), 1896-1973
- 1 Sorley, Lewis S., III
- 1 Summerall, Charles Pelot, 1867-1955
- 1 Talbott, Samuel G. (Samuel Greaner), 1877-1965
- 1 Tidwell, William A.
- 1 Tobey, Nelson W. (Nelson Whitney), 1916-2009
- 1 VMI Research Laboratories, Inc.
- 1 Virginia Military Institute. Office of the Commandant
- 1 Waddill, Edmund C. (Edmund Clivious), 1883-1964
- 1 Westmoreland, William C. (William Childs), 1914-
- 1 Wood, Leonard, 1860-1927 ∧ less