Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 19
Scope and Contents Scrapbook compiled by Cadet Clement M. Moss (born 1902, died 1970), Virginia Military Institute Class of 1921, covering the period 1919-1921. Included are snapshots, dance programs, clippings, drawings, and other VMI memorabilia. Topics of the photographs include his classmates and friends, cadet life, athletics, and VMI buildings.
Scope and Contents The collection consists of his diaries for the period 1909-1936; 1 volume of lecture notes (1933-1935) used for a history course at VMI; and a photograph album (1917-1927) containing images of cadet life, VMI buildings, and family members.
Scope and Contents Scrapbook compiled by Cadet Gordon Hammond, VMI Class of 1919, covering the academic year 1915-1916. Included are snapshots, dance programs, clippings, and other VMI memorabilia. Topics of the photographs include his classmates and friends, cadet life, athletics, and VMI buildings.
Scope and Contents Fragment of a VMI scrapbook compiled by Cadet Harold Nunnamaker. Includes photos of camp, buildings, cadet life; misc. clippings; one item concerning the Yorktown sesquicentennial celebration in 1931.
Scope and Contents Miscellaneous papers, 1929-1935, of VMI alumnus Henry M. Stewart, Jr., Class of 1935. The collection includes memorabilia from Stewart's high school years at the Staunton Military Academy and his cadetship at VMI. The VMI material includes a scrapbook, dance and athletic programs, drawings, photographs, information about the Class of 1935 ring design, and other mementos of Stewart's cadetship.
Scope and Contents VMI scrapbook compiled by Cadet J. Frank East, documenting his cadetship (1920-1924). Includes photographs of buildings, people, and the ROTC Cavalry unit, dance programs, sports souvenirs, other memorabilia.
Scope and Contents VMI scrapbook, covering the 1928-1929 school year, compiled by Cadet James B. Guthrie of Birmingham, Alabama. He was a member of the Class of 1932 and attended for one year. The scrapbook Includes photographs of cadet life and buildings; clippings and other memorabilia. A few items date from Guthrie's attendance at the Gulf Coast Military Academy prior to his enrollment at VMI. Guthrie (b. 1907 d. 1984) spent 32 years in the U. S. Army.
Scope and Contents Scrapbook compiled by Cadet Leopold M. von Schilling, Virginia Military Institute, Class of 1926, covering the period 1922-1925. Included are snapshots, dance programs, clippings, drawings, and other VMI memorabilia. Topics of the photographs include his classmates and friends, cadet life, athletics, and VMI buildings.
Scope and Contents Scrapbook compiled by VMI cadet Marshall G. Munce, during the period 1913-1917. Includes photographs and other mementos.
- Subject: Virginia Military Institute -- Buildings, structures, etc -- Photographs X
- 1 Austin, Samuel L. (Samuel Lord), 1898-1987
- 1 Bagby, Pleasant H. (Pleasant Harwood), 1910-
- 1 Barton, George L. (George Lloyd), 1891-1984
- 1 Bolling, Robert W. (Robert William), 1899-1969
- 1 Bond, Robert N., 1899-1924
- 1 East, J. Frank (John Franklin), 1901-1979
- 1 Gulf Coast Military Academy
- 1 Guthrie, James B., 1907-1984
- 1 Hammond, Gordon, 1897-1953
- 1 Milton, William H. (William Hammond), 1900-1984
- 1 Morton, Theodore F. (Theodore Feild), 1899-1978
- 1 Moss, Clement M. (Clement Murphy), 1902-1970
- 1 Munce, Marshall G. (Marshall Gilliam), 1896-1977
- 1 Nixon, Thomas S. (Thomas Scott), 1901-1980
- 1 Nunnamaker, Harold, 1910-1976
- 1 Smith, Philip, 1893-1948
- 1 Stewart, Henry M. (Henry Montgomery), 1911-1988
- 1 Virginia Military Institute. Department of History
- 1 Virginia Military Institute. Office of Communications and Marketing
- 1 Watson, William H. (William Henry), 1907-1974
- 1 von Schilling, Leopold M. (Leopold Marshall), 1905-1981 ∧ less