Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 47
Scope and Contents Papers dating from Britt's army career, 1930-1962. Include correspondence; reports; notes and exercises from courses taken at the British Army Staff College, Camberley; speeches and articles; photographs. One scrapbook dates from cadetship at VMI.
Scope and Contents VMI scrapbook compiled by Schmidt during his cadetship, 1919-1923. Includes photographs, clippings, dance and finals programs, miscellaneous classnotes/exercises.
Scope and Contents VMI scrapbook compiled by Cadet Andrew Hannah. Includes photographs depicting cadet life; programs, and other VMI mementos.
Scope and Contents Scrapbook (1925-1929) compiled by VMI Cadet Bennet A. Meyers, Class of 1929. Includes photographs, autographs of cadets, memorabilia (dance programs, printed material)
Scope and Contents Typescript diary written by Cadet George Scott, "The Strike, as it Actually Happened". Details the events of October 18-19, 1927. The cadets staged a walkout or "mutiny" to protest the dismissal of a classmate. Several mentions of the Honor Court role in event.As a result, Superintendent William Cocke sent a telegram to the parents of all cadets, stating "Your son and other cadets are taking part in a rebellion against authorities. Advise you to wire him to submit to authorities...
Scope and Contents A collection of miscellaneous documents from various eras in VMI's history, reflecting the humourous side of cadet life. Includes 3 small (3.5 x 5") watercolor sketches, depicting firecracker prank & results, ca. 1920; a list entitled "Graduated scale of beauty in Lexington" 1856; notice about the VPI football game posted on a barracks room, 1937.
Scope and Contents The collection consists of 5 items, including Phi Lambda Epsilon and Phi Delta Theta fraternity certificates (1920-1921); athletic award certificate from the Wentworth Military Academy (1921); an ROTC advanced cavalry camp certificate from Fort Meade, Maryland (1924); and Foster's name card dating from his VMI cadetship. Foster (b. 1903 d. 1938) was a member of the Virginia Military Institute Class of 1925.
Scope and Contents Scrapbook compiled by Cadet Clement M. Moss (born 1902, died 1970), Virginia Military Institute Class of 1921, covering the period 1919-1921. Included are snapshots, dance programs, clippings, drawings, and other VMI memorabilia. Topics of the photographs include his classmates and friends, cadet life, athletics, and VMI buildings.
Scope and Contents VMI scrapbook compiled by Cadet Franklin H. Dewey, Class of 1929, covering the period 1926-1929. It contains candid photographs of cadet life in the 1920's, classmates, buildings, athletics; and memorabilia such as programs, clippings, and misc. documents.
- Subject: Virginia Military Institute -- Cadet Life -- 1920-1929 X
- 1 Bagby, Pleasant H. (Pleasant Harwood), 1910-
- 1 Barton, George L. (George Lloyd), 1891-1984
- 1 Bell, James N. (James Nichol), 1904-1977
- 1 Berry, M. Keith (Marshall Keith), 1899-1985
- 1 Blain, Stanton F. (Stanton Forman), 1902-1972
- 1 Bolling, Robert W. (Robert William), 1899-1969
- 1 Britt, Albert S.
- 1 Bundy, Richard J., 1899-1958
- 1 Cocke, William H. (William Horner), 1874-1938
- 1 Cooper, George L. H. (George Lawrence Hawkins), 1911-1984
- 1 Dewey, Franklin H. (Franklin Haylander), 1908-1986
- 1 Doty, Mark H. (Mark Hanahan), 1902-1968
- 1 Earle, Robert A. (Robert August), 1906-1991
- 1 East, J. Frank (John Franklin), 1901-1979
- 1 Ferebee, J. Smith (James Smith), 1906-1988
- 1 Foster, Charles E., 1903-1938
- 1 Garbutt, William A., 1909-1998
- 1 Griffith, William F. R., Jr.
- 1 Gulf Coast Military Academy
- 1 Guthrie, James B., 1907-1984
- 1 Hanger, George D. (George DeLancey), 1907-1992
- 1 Hankins, James D. (James DeWitt), 1902-1978
- 1 Hannah, Andrew L. (Andrew Lee), 1903-1982
- 1 Hopkins, William A. (William Addison), 1903-1971
- 1 Houston, Levin J. (Levin James), 1905-1990
- 1 Hubbard, Mont, Jr., 1910-1968
- 1 Kyle, John H. (John Holmes), 1901-1984
- 1 Langford, Lee E., 1908-1956
- 2 McCarthy, Frank, 1912-1986
- 1 Meriwether, Willis J.
- 1 Meyers, Bennet A. (Bennet Aaron), 1910-1975
- 1 Milton, William H. (William Hammond), 1900-1984
- 1 Montague, Ludwell Lee, 1907-1972
- 1 Moss, Clement M. (Clement Murphy), 1902-1970
- 1 Nelson, Nathan H. (Nathan Henry), 1902-1972
- 1 Nicholls, Tom R. (Tom Riston), 1906-1990
- 1 Nixon, Thomas S. (Thomas Scott), 1901-1980
- 1 Payne, John B., 1899-1986
- 1 Rice, Hugh B. (Hugh Banker), 1900-1977
- 1 Schmidt, Alfred C. (Alfred Clarence), 1901-1976
- 1 Scott, George C., Jr. (George Cole)
- 1 Sinclair, Richard B. (Richard Bain), 1908-1996
- 1 Smith, Otis D. (Otis David), 1913-1992
- 1 Virginia Military Institute. Department of History
- 1 Vivian, William R. (William Rhoads), 1911-2009
- 1 Wallace, Robert L. (Robert Lucius), 1902-1988
- 1 Watson, William H. (William Henry), 1907-1974
- 1 Wilson, Samuel B., 1901-1939
- 1 Wise family
- 1 Wise, Henry A. (Henry Alexander), 1874-1968
- 1 Wise, Henry Alexander, 1906-1982
- 1 Wise, Jennings C. (Jennings Cropper), 1881-1968
- 1 Woodward, Richard R. (Richard Rawles), 1905-1982
- 1 von Schilling, Leopold M. (Leopold Marshall), 1905-1981 ∧ less