Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 47
Scope and Contents Paper of Albert D. Davis, including diary, scrapbooks, and miscellaneous correspondence and certificates. The diary (1930-1934, 2 volumes), correspondence (1930, 6 items), and one scrapbook (1930-1935) date from his VMI cadetship; the scrapbook includes photographs, dance programs, and other VMI mementos. Three other scrapbooks date from his tour of duty in Korea, 1951-1952, and contain clippings, military documents, and photographs. Some items date from when he was assigned to...
Scope and Contents VMI scrapbook compiled by Cadet Andrew Hannah. Includes photographs depicting cadet life; programs, and other VMI mementos.
Scope and Contents Scrapbook (1925-1929) compiled by VMI Cadet Bennet A. Meyers, Class of 1929. Includes photographs, autographs of cadets, memorabilia (dance programs, printed material)
Scope and Contents Scrapbook compiled by Cadet Clement M. Moss (born 1902, died 1970), Virginia Military Institute Class of 1921, covering the period 1919-1921. Included are snapshots, dance programs, clippings, drawings, and other VMI memorabilia. Topics of the photographs include his classmates and friends, cadet life, athletics, and VMI buildings.
Scope and Contents Scrapbook compiled by Francis E. Beeton, VMI Class of 1912. Contents include photographs taken in 1909 during his VMI cadetship; misc. clippings from the 1940's and 1950's tracing the career of Gen. George C. Marshall and other notable VMI alumni.
Scope and Contents Scrapbook (5 pages, probably fragment) compiled by Cadet Francis R. Torrington, VMI Class of 1940. Includes VMI memorabilia and snapshots.
Scope and Contents The Fred F. Finklehoffe collection contains the manuscript of an early version of the play "Brother Rat" ("When the Roll is Called"), which was submitted to VMI Professor of English Raymond E. Dixon by Finklehoffe and John Monks, Jr. The collection also includes screenplays, clippings, and scrapbooks from Mr. Finklehoffe's cadetship and career.
Scope and Contents VMI scrapbook compiled by Cadet George D. Hanger during his cadetship, 1924-1928. Includes photographs, programs, and other VMI mementos.
Scope and Contents The collection consists of his diaries for the period 1909-1936; 1 volume of lecture notes (1933-1935) used for a history course at VMI; and a photograph album (1917-1927) containing images of cadet life, VMI buildings, and family members.
Scope and Contents The collection consists of 2 items. 1. VMI scrapbook compiled by Cadet George Cooper. Included are photographs, athletic and dance programs, clippings, and other mementos collected by Cooper during his cadetship, 1928-1932. 2. Typescript memoirs, approximately 325 pages, detailing Cooper's Marine Corps Service in the Pacific Theater during World War II. He served with the 2d Combat Engineer Battalion, 2d Marine Division.
- Subject: Virginia Military Institute -- Photographs X
- 1 Austin, Samuel L. (Samuel Lord), 1898-1987
- 1 Bagby, Pleasant H. (Pleasant Harwood), 1910-
- 1 Barton, George L. (George Lloyd), 1891-1984
- 1 Beeton, Francis E. (Francis Emerson), 1890-1981
- 1 Bell, James N. (James Nichol), 1904-1977
- 1 Bolling, Robert W. (Robert William), 1899-1969
- 1 Bond, Robert N., 1899-1924
- 1 Bundy, Richard J., 1899-1958
- 1 Cooper, George L. H. (George Lawrence Hawkins), 1911-1984
- 1 Davis, Albert D. (Albert Daniel), 1913-1992
- 1 Doty, Mark H. (Mark Hanahan), 1902-1968
- 1 East, J. Frank (John Franklin), 1901-1979
- 1 Finklehoffe, Fred Franklin
- 1 Garbutt, William A., 1909-1998
- 1 Gulf Coast Military Academy
- 1 Guthrie, James B., 1907-1984
- 1 Gwathmey, Lomax, 1937-1970
- 1 Hammond, Gordon, 1897-1953
- 1 Hanger, George D. (George DeLancey), 1907-1992
- 1 Hannah, Andrew L. (Andrew Lee), 1903-1982
- 1 Hopkins, William A. (William Addison), 1903-1971
- 1 Jones, Reverdy H., 1913-1980
- 1 Keith, James, 1911-
- 1 Lowry, Sumter L., 1893-
- 1 Meriwether, Willis J.
- 1 Meyers, Bennet A. (Bennet Aaron), 1910-1975
- 1 Milton, William H. (William Hammond), 1900-1984
- 1 Morton, Theodore F. (Theodore Feild), 1899-1978
- 1 Moss, Clement M. (Clement Murphy), 1902-1970
- 1 Munce, Marshall G. (Marshall Gilliam), 1896-1977
- 1 Nelson, Nathan H. (Nathan Henry), 1902-1972
- 1 Nichols, E. W. (Edward West), 1858-1927
- 1 Nixon, Thomas S. (Thomas Scott), 1901-1980
- 1 Nunnamaker, Harold, 1910-1976
- 1 Payne, John B., 1899-1986
- 1 Rice, Hugh B. (Hugh Banker), 1900-1977
- 1 Scott, Thomas B. (Thomas Branch), 1894-1983
- 1 Smigrod, Claudia
- 1 Smith, Philip, 1893-1948
- 1 Stewart, Henry M. (Henry Montgomery), 1911-1988
- 1 Torrington, Francis R.
- 1 Townes, John E., 1886-1970
- 1 Virginia Military Institute. Department of English, Rhetoric, and Humanistic Studies
- 2 Virginia Military Institute. Department of History
- 1 Virginia Military Institute. Office of Communications and Marketing
- 1 Vivian, William R. (William Rhoads), 1911-2009
- 1 Wallace, Robert L. (Robert Lucius), 1902-1988
- 1 Watson, William H. (William Henry), 1907-1974
- 1 Woodward, Richard R. (Richard Rawles), 1905-1982
- 1 von Schilling, Leopold M. (Leopold Marshall), 1905-1981 ∧ less