Showing Collections: 1 - 7 of 7
The collection consists of two Civil War letters written by Brisbine to his brother and sister. The items are dated September 16 and 24, 1864. In the first letter, Brisbine describes being held prisoner in Winchester, Virginia, where he was captured while caring for Union wounded. In the second, he describes the recapture of Winchester by Union troops and the Confederate retreat.
- Subject: Winchester (Va.) -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 X
- 1 Allen, James W.
- 1 Allen, Julia Pendleton
- 1 Ashby, Turner, 1828-1862
- 1 Brisbine, Napoleon B.
- 1 Coleman, Clayton G. (Clayton Glanville), 1840-1908
- 1 Comer Family
- 1 Comer, Alexander T. C.
- 1 Crowther, Joseph W., 1833-1924?
- 1 Fulkerson, Abram, 1834-1902
- 1 Fulkerson, Samuel V. (Samuel Vance), 1822-1862