Showing Collections: 11 - 20 of 25
John A. Saum account books and diary
Scope and Contents 3 notebooks, 1864-1880, containing financial accounts (business and personal), notes, and a few diary entries written by John A. Saum and his brother Joseph. The most notable diary entries are dated May-June 1864, including a very brief account of the Battle of New Market.
John Janney account book
Scope and Contents VMI and personal account book of John Janney (VMI Class of 1896), of Leesburg, Virginia. Contains entries for cadet expenses, 1893-1896; personal expenses, 1896-1898.
John M. Willis account book
Scope and Contents VMI account book of Cadet John M. Willis, listing expenses for the academic year 1932-1933.
Murray F. Taylor cadet account book
Scope and Contents The Murray F. Taylor account book contains a listing of school expenses incurred while Taylor was a cadet at the Virginia Military Institute, 1860-1861.
Joseph D. Neikirk collection
Scope and Contents Miscellaneous papers, including cadet scrapbook, cadet account book, general correspondence and correspondence with VMI alumni, photographs, misc. military records, numerous resolutions & award certificates. Oversized items filed separately. See also: Diploma collection.
Robert G. O'Hara Cadet Account Book
Scope and Contents VMI Account book of Cadet Robert G. O'Hara, VMI Class of 1935. Contains entries for VMI expenses, 1931-1933.
Robert L. Wallace collection
Scope and Contents The collection consists of the VMI account book of Cadet Robert L. Wallace (VMI Class of 1924, of Chase City, Virginia), containing entries for cadet expenses, 1920-1924; and a scrapbook fragment (ca. 21 pages), containing photographs of cadets and cadet life, clippings, and other VMI mementos.
Stanton F. Blain cadet account book
Scope and Contents The Stanton F. Blain account book contains a listing of school expenses incurred while Blain was a cadet at the Virginia Military Institute, 1919-1923.
Thomas B. Davis collection
Scope and Contents The Thomas B. Davis collection contains two items. The first is a letter from Davis to his sister, Mrs. Camillus Christian, dated March 22, 1863. This letter was written while Davis was a cadet at the Virginia Military Institute in Lexington, VA. In this letter he mentions activities at VMI, Civil War news ("a considerable cavalry fight on the Rappahannock"), the unusual late snows, and provides an early use of the term rat as a reference to new cadets ("The legislature is still cutting up...
Thomas H. Tardy collection
Contents Note The collection (3 items) consists of the VMI account book (1910-1914) of Cadet William H. Tardy; a signed loan agreement, September 1913, between Tardy and VMI; and his writing exercise book.
- Subject: Account Books X
- 1 Baker, Harry B. (Harry Burgwyn), 1869-1947
- 1 Black, William Johnson, 1845-1935
- 1 Blain, Stanton F. (Stanton Forman), 1902-1972
- 1 Brown, William N. (William Nelson), 1873-1959
- 1 Bushong, Emma
- 1 Bushong, Jacob
- 1 Chew family
- 1 Christian, Camillus, 1892-1978
- 1 Davis, Thomas B. (Thomas Bowker), 1842-1864
- 1 Gatewood, Andrew C. L. (Andrew Cameron Lewis), 1843-1919
- 1 Green, William H. (William Henry), 1852-1891
- 1 Hundley, Charles B. (Charles Buckler), 1846-1908
- 1 Janney, John, 1877-1967
- 1 Jarvis, Jesse P. (Jesse Pitts), 1887-1942
- 1 Laird, Edward C. (Edward Chambers), 1854-1938
- 1 Mitchell Family
- 1 Mitchell, William H. (William Heiskell), 1850-1907
- 1 Neikirk, Joseph D. (Joseph Dillard), 1911-1990
- 1 Nicholls, Tom R. (Tom Riston), 1906-1990
- 1 O'Hara, Robert G.
- 1 Patton, George S. (George Smith), 1856-1927
- 1 Plants, George S. (George Sands), 1885-1971
- 1 Price Family
- 1 Price, Berryman Z. (Berryman Zirkle), ?-1903
- 1 Saum Family
- 1 Saum, John A. (John Addison), 1837-1878
- 1 Shoemaker, John J.
- 1 Tardy, Thomas H. (Thomas Howard), 1889-1960
- 1 Taylor, Murray F. (Murray Forbes), 1843-1909
- 1 Wallace, Robert L. (Robert Lucius), 1902-1988
- 1 Willis, John M. (John Mitchell), 1915-1962 ∧ less