Showing Collections: 21 - 25 of 25
Scope and Contents VMI account book of Cadet Tom R. Nicholls (Class of 1929), of Norfolk, Virginia. Contains entries for cadet expenses, 1925-1926.
Scope and Contents The William H. Green account book contains a listing of school expenses incurred while Green was a cadet at the Virginia Military Institute, 1870-1873.
Scope and Contents VMI account book of Cadet William H. Mitchell. Contains entries for cadet expenses, 1870-1871. Also contains household financial accounts for William and possibly other Mitchell family members for 1889-1891.
Scope and Contents The collection consists of the one volume diary of Confederate soldier William J. Black. The diary entries date from October 1864 - January 1865, written while Black was serving in Captain John J. Shoemaker's Company, Virginia Horse Artillery. Included are brief accounts of various skirmishes and the Battle of Cedar Creek; campsites and positions are recorded daily. Following the diary entries are copies of two of Shoemaker's reports detailing Battery activities, dated September 1, 1864...
- Subject: Account Books X
- 1 Baker, Harry B. (Harry Burgwyn), 1869-1947
- 1 Black, William Johnson, 1845-1935
- 1 Blain, Stanton F. (Stanton Forman), 1902-1972
- 1 Brown, William N. (William Nelson), 1873-1959
- 1 Bushong, Emma
- 1 Bushong, Jacob
- 1 Chew family
- 1 Christian, Camillus, 1892-1978
- 1 Davis, Thomas B. (Thomas Bowker), 1842-1864
- 1 Gatewood, Andrew C. L. (Andrew Cameron Lewis), 1843-1919
- 1 Green, William H. (William Henry), 1852-1891
- 1 Hundley, Charles B. (Charles Buckler), 1846-1908
- 1 Janney, John, 1877-1967
- 1 Jarvis, Jesse P. (Jesse Pitts), 1887-1942
- 1 Laird, Edward C. (Edward Chambers), 1854-1938
- 1 Mitchell Family
- 1 Mitchell, William H. (William Heiskell), 1850-1907
- 1 Neikirk, Joseph D. (Joseph Dillard), 1911-1990
- 1 Nicholls, Tom R. (Tom Riston), 1906-1990
- 1 O'Hara, Robert G.
- 1 Patton, George S. (George Smith), 1856-1927
- 1 Plants, George S. (George Sands), 1885-1971
- 1 Price Family
- 1 Price, Berryman Z. (Berryman Zirkle), ?-1903
- 1 Saum Family
- 1 Saum, John A. (John Addison), 1837-1878
- 1 Shoemaker, John J.
- 1 Tardy, Thomas H. (Thomas Howard), 1889-1960
- 1 Taylor, Murray F. (Murray Forbes), 1843-1909
- 1 Wallace, Robert L. (Robert Lucius), 1902-1988
- 1 Willis, John M. (John Mitchell), 1915-1962 ∧ less