Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
Richard L. Irby Personal Papers
Scope and Contents
The papers consist of correspondence and memoranda, military orders, printed material, photographs, scrapbooks, speeches, and other material primarily documenting the U.S. Army career (1939-1971) of Major General Richard L. Irby. The collection includes information about the activities of of the 1st Cavalry Division during the Korean and Vietnam Wars.
Samuel D. Rockenbach Papers
Overview Papers (1889-1945) of United States Army officer Samuel Dickerson Rockenbach, notable for his role in the establishment of the U.S. Army Tank Corps during World War I and his postwar work in the development of tank warfare.
Samuel H. Craun papers
Scope and Contents Papers consist of 10 miscellaneous documents, 1862-1864, from Craun's military service. Included are receipts; orders regarding foraging and picking up prisoners; ordnance list for Co. H., 12th Virginia Cavalry. 1 receipt dated 1857.
William M. Whittle Papers
Scope and Contents The collection consists of the military papers of Captain William M. Whittle, VMI Class of 1917. Whittle served in World War I with the 314th Machine Gun Battalion and was sent to France in May 1918. Included are a notebook containing war service chronology, notes concerning machine gun procedures, and names of officers in his unit; military orders; misc. other documents and printed material; and one photo of Whittle in his Army uniform, circa 1918.
- Subject: Orders (military records) X
- 1 Craun, Samuel H., 1821-
- 1 Harbord, James G. (James Guthrie), 1866-1947
- 1 Irby, Richard L., 1918-2002
- 1 MacArthur, Douglas, 1880-1964
- 1 Patton, George S. (George Smith), 1885-1945
- 1 Pershing, John J. (John Joseph), 1860-1948
- 1 Rockenbach, Samuel D. (Samuel Dickerson), 1869-1952
- 1 Summerall, Charles Pelot, 1867-1955
- 1 Whittle, William M.
- 1 Wood, Leonard, 1860-1927