Showing Collections: 51 - 60 of 69
Identifier: RG-17-ERHS-Seminar, ERH 370
Content Description Product of the ERH 370 assignment requiring students to create a self portrait carte-de-visite, with a personal statement to accompany the image. The collection consists of 13 images of the students enrolled in the class, accompanied by biographical statement. The box also contains a copy of the course syllabus and news article about Professor Smigrod's visual arts courses.
Scope and Contents VMI scrapbook compiled by Cadet Sumter Lowry. Includes photographs of camp; clippings; miscellaneous documents concerning cadet life, 1910-1914.
Scope and Contents The collection consists of three VMI scrapbooks compiled by Cadet Theodore Morton during the period 1916-1919. Included are photographs, dance programs and& other VMI memorabilia.
Contents Note Thomas B. Scott, Jr. was a member of the VMI Class of 1917. The collection consists of approximately 20 items, 1915-1919, including Scott's cadet scrapbook containing snapshots of Superintendent Edward W. Nichols, cadets, cadet activities, dance programs, and other VMI memorabilia; miscellaneous other items, including World War I postcards (15 items) and VMI postcards (4 items).
Scope and Contents The collection consists of 3 Civil War era letters (1862-1863) from Confederate soldier Thomas M. Wade to his sister Lou, written while he was serving as a Private in the 1st Rockbridge Artillery Battery. Topics include daily camp life; personal news; and brief references to Stonewall Jackson and the battle at Antietam (Sharpsburg). The papers also include one post-war photograph of Wade, circa 1870. The collection consists of 3 Civil War era letters (1862-1863) from Confederate soldier Thomas...
Scope and Contents Cadet scrapbook and photograph album of Thomas Scott Nixon, Virginia Military Institute Class of 1923, covering the period 1919-1920. Included are snapshots, as well as dance programs, clippings, drawings, and other VMI memorabilia. Topics of the photographs include his classmates and friends, cadet life, athletics, and VMI buildings.
Identifier: VMI Photographs Collection
Scope and Contents The VMI Archives is the official repository for the Institute's collection of permanently maintained photographs. The earliest date from the 1840's and the most recent are digital photos from the current academic year. New items are added regularly.
See our photographs digital collection for online access
See our photographs digital collection for online access
Scope and Contents A collection of cadet scrapbooks featuring photographs, memorabilia, and miscellanea documenting cadet life.
Scope and Contents Images in all formats created or commissioned by the Communications and Marketing Office [previous names include Public Information Office and Public Relations. Physical formats include include black and white and color prints, slides, and proof sheets. Digital image created by the office, as well as those posted on VMI's VMI's official social media platforms are also collected and cataloged by the Archives staff.
Scope and Contents The collection consists of photocopied documents and digital images dating from Dr. Douglas's service as a physician during World War II with the U. S. Army Medical Corps. Most items relate to the administration of hospitals in New Zealand and New Caledonia, where men wounded in Pacific Theater action were treated. On New Caledonia, to which Dr. Douglas was transferred in March 1943, he was responsible for the administration of seven hospitals at Dumbea with approximately 10,000 beds.
- Subject: Photographs X
- 1 Albert, Eddie
- 1 Austin, Samuel L. (Samuel Lord), 1898-1987
- 1 Bagby, Pleasant H. (Pleasant Harwood), 1910-
- 1 Barton, George L. (George Lloyd), 1891-1984
- 1 Beeton, Francis E. (Francis Emerson), 1890-1981
- 1 Bell, James N. (James Nichol), 1904-1977
- 1 Bolling, Robert W. (Robert William), 1899-1969
- 1 Bond, Robert N., 1899-1924
- 1 Bundy, Richard J., 1899-1958
- 1 Burress, Withers A. (Withers Alexander), 1894-1977
- 1 Cochran, William B. (William Burr)
- 1 Cooper, George L. H. (George Lawrence Hawkins), 1911-1984
- 1 Couper, John L. (John Lee), 1916-2000
- 1 Couper, Wm. (William), b. 1884
- 1 Davis, Albert D. (Albert Daniel), 1913-1992
- 1 Davis, John K. (John Kennerly), 1906-1975
- 1 Doty, Mark H. (Mark Hanahan), 1902-1968
- 1 Douglas, Wallace S., 1901-1982
- 1 Earle, Robert A. (Robert August), 1906-1991
- 1 East, J. Frank (John Franklin), 1901-1979
- 1 Edgar, C. Ernest, III, MG (Charles Ernest)
- 1 Eisenhower, Dwight D. (Dwight David), 1890-1969
- 2 Finklehoffe, Fred Franklin
- 1 Gaillard, Charles C.
- 1 Gaillard, Fred E.
- 1 Garbutt, William A., 1909-1998
- 1 George V, King of Great Britain, 1865-1936
- 1 Gerow, Leonard Townsend, 1888-1972
- 1 Gilham, Cordelia Hayden
- 1 Gilham, William, 1818-1872
- 1 Graham, C. Barrett (Charles Barrett)
- 1 Gulf Coast Military Academy
- 1 Guthrie, James B., 1907-1984
- 1 Gwathmey, Lomax, 1937-1970
- 1 Hammond, Gordon, 1897-1953
- 1 Hanger, George D. (George DeLancey), 1907-1992
- 1 Hannah, Andrew L. (Andrew Lee), 1903-1982
- 1 Harbord, James G. (James Guthrie), 1866-1947
- 1 Historic American Buildings Survey
- 1 Hopkins, William A. (William Addison), 1903-1971
- 1 Irby, Richard L., 1918-2002
- 1 Jones, Reverdy H., 1913-1980
- 1 Keith, James, 1911-
- 1 Lowry, Sumter L., 1893-
- 1 MacArthur, Douglas, 1880-1964
- 1 McCuaig, Duncan R., Dr.
- 1 Meriwether, Willis J.
- 1 Meyers, Bennet A. (Bennet Aaron), 1910-1975
- 1 Milton, William H. (William Hammond), 1900-1984
- 1 Monks, John Cherry
- 1 Morton, Theodore F. (Theodore Feild), 1899-1978
- 1 Moss, Clement M. (Clement Murphy), 1902-1970
- 1 Munce, Marshall G. (Marshall Gilliam), 1896-1977
- 1 Nelson, Nathan H. (Nathan Henry), 1902-1972
- 1 Nichols, E. W. (Edward West), 1858-1927
- 1 Nixon, Thomas S. (Thomas Scott), 1901-1980
- 1 Nunnamaker, Harold, 1910-1976
- 1 Patton, George S. (George Smith), 1885-1945
- 1 Payne, John B., 1899-1986
- 1 Pendleton, Randolph T. (Randolph Tucker), 1889-1973
- 1 Pershing, John J. (John Joseph), 1860-1948
- 1 Reagan, Ronald
- 1 Rice, Hugh B. (Hugh Banker), 1900-1977
- 1 Rockenbach, Samuel D. (Samuel Dickerson), 1869-1952
- 1 Rosenberger Family
- 1 Rosenberger, George W., 1823-1902
- 1 Scott, Thomas B. (Thomas Branch), 1894-1983
- 1 Shepherd, Lemuel C., Jr. (Lemuel Cornick)
- 1 Smigrod, Claudia
- 1 Smith, Philip, 1893-1948
- 1 Smith, Robert N.
- 1 Stewart, Henry M. (Henry Montgomery), 1911-1988
- 1 Summerall, Charles Pelot, 1867-1955
- 1 Torrington, Francis R.
- 1 Townes, John E., 1886-1970
- 1 VMI Research Laboratories, Inc.
- 1 Virginia Military Institute. Department of English, Rhetoric, and Humanistic Studies
- 2 Virginia Military Institute. Department of History
- 1 Virginia Military Institute. Office of Communications and Marketing
- 1 Virginia Military Institute. Office of the Commandant
- 1 Vivian, William R. (William Rhoads), 1911-2009
- 1 Wade, Thomas M. (Thomas Morrell), 1842-1928
- 1 Wallace, Robert L. (Robert Lucius), 1902-1988
- 1 Watson, William H. (William Henry), 1907-1974
- 1 Wood, Leonard, 1860-1927
- 1 Woodward, Richard R. (Richard Rawles), 1905-1982
- 1 Wyman, Jane, 1914-
- 1 von Schilling, Leopold M. (Leopold Marshall), 1905-1981 ∧ less