Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 20
Admissions Office student recruitment materials
Identifier: RG-06-Publications-Admissions and Financial Aid
Scope and Contents Brochures, fact books, and other printed material sent to prospective cadets by the VMI Admissions Office. Also includes some Financial Aid printed material
Bomb (VMI Yearbook)
Scope and Contents
Known as The Bomb, the yearbook was first published in 1885. After a nine year hiatus, it has been published continuously since 1895, with the exception of 1945 and 1946.
Brother Rat collection
Scope and Contents Photographs, playbills, clippings, correspondence and other items documenting the stage and film versions of "Brother Rat".
VMI Course Catalogs [catalogue]
Scope and Contents This series contains the official academic catalog of the Virginia Military Institute.
Chester F. Burgess collection
Scope and Contents Chester F. Burgess was a Professor of English at the Virginia Military Institute from 1962-1988. The collection consists of edited manuscripts of three of his publications: The Letters of John Gay; The Beggar's Opera and Companion Pieces; and The Fellowship of the Craft.
Faculty Scholarship. Annual Bibliography of Publications and Presentations.
Identifier: RG-03-Faculty Publications
Scope and Contents Originally published irregularly as a brochure called "Publications, Theses, Dissertations of the Faculty and Staff". A yearly compilation of faculty publications, created by the Dean's Office; after 2002 assembled in volumes by academic year. Later years include lists of published books, copies of scholarly articles, and lists of presentations.
George M. Brooke, Jr. collection
Scope and Contents Author's copy of the galley proofs for the book"John M. Brooke, Naval Scientist and Educator" by George M. Brook, Jr. The book was published by the University Press of Virginia in 1980.
Henry A. Wise Papers
Scope and Contents Personal papers of Henry A. Wise, including general correspondence, family correspondence, subject files, and materials relating to the publication of his book, Drawing Out the Man: The VMI story. Inventory available.
Jennings Cropper Wise papers
Scope and Contents The Jennings C. Wise Papers consist primarily of incoming and outgoing correspondence from the period 1910-1960. Included are letters dating from his years as Professor and Commandant of Cadets at VMI, from his practice of law, and from his retirement period in which he devoted himself primarily to writing. Wise was passionately interested in the history and future development of VMI and much of the correspondence reflects his ongoing involvement with the school. He often held controversial...
Joseph R. Anderson, Jr. papers
Scope and Contents The papers (ca. 1 cubic foot), consist of drafts and related correspondence for a three part, largely unpublished work entitled "A Complete History of the Virginia Military Institute, 1839-1924". One part was eventually published as "VMI in the World War." Also included are miscellaneous VMI-related notes and papers.
- Subject: Publications X
- 1 Albert, Eddie
- 1 Anderson, Joseph R. (Joseph Reid), 1851-1930
- 1 Barrett, John Gilchrist
- 1 Bell, Joseph W. (Joseph Wayt), 1823-1879
- 1 Brooke, George M., Jr.
- 1 Burgess, C. F. (Chester Francis)
- 1 Crozet, Claudius, 1790-1864
- 1 Dooley, Edwin L., 1942-
- 1 Ezekiel, Moses Jacob, 1844-1917
- 1 Finklehoffe, Fred Franklin
- 1 Fitzhugh, Philip A. (Philip Aylett), 1824-1908
- 1 Hunter, Robert F., 1921-
- 2 Jackson, Stonewall, 1824-1863
- 1 Kilbourne, Charles E. (Charles Evans), 1872-1963
- 1 Monks, John Cherry
- 1 Naisawald, L. VanLoan (Louis VanLoan), 1920-
- 1 Powell, Daniel L. (Daniel Lee), 1826-1871
- 1 Reagan, Ronald
- 1 Stanard, Jaqueline Beverly, 1845-1864
- 1 Tanner, Robert G.
- 1 Tobey, Nelson W. (Nelson Whitney), 1916-2009
- 1 Turner, Robert K.
- 1 Virginia Military Institute. Alumni Association
- 1 Virginia Military Institute. Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering
- 1 Virginia Military Institute. Office of Admissions
- 1 Virginia Military Institute. Office of Financial Aid
- 2 Virginia Military Institute. Office of the Commandant
- 1 Virginia Military Institute. Office of the Deputy Superintendent for Academics and Dean of the Faculty
- 1 Williamson, Thomas H. (Thomas Hoomes), 1813-1888
- 1 Wise family
- 1 Wise, Henry A. (Henry Alexander), 1874-1968
- 1 Wise, Henry Alexander, 1906-1982
- 2 Wise, Jennings C. (Jennings Cropper), 1881-1968
- 1 Wyman, Jane, 1914- ∧ less