Showing Collections: 41 - 50 of 64
Scope and Contents Scrapbook compiled by VMI Cadet Richard R. Woodward. Contains photographs of cadet life and other VMI memorabilia.
Scope and Contents The collection consists of the VMI account book of Cadet Robert L. Wallace (VMI Class of 1924, of Chase City, Virginia), containing entries for cadet expenses, 1920-1924; and a scrapbook fragment (ca. 21 pages), containing photographs of cadets and cadet life, clippings, and other VMI mementos.
Scope and Contents Scrapbook compiled by Cadet Robert Bond, Jr., VMI Class of 1919, covering the academic year 1915-1916. Included are snapshots, dance programs, clipppings, and other VMI memorabilia. Topics of the photographs include his classmates and friends, cadet life, athletics, faculty, and VMI buildings. The collection also includes 2 letters to his father; the letter dated September 12, 1915, contains an extensive description of the life of a new cadet ("Rat"), including a description of hazing practices.
Scope and Contents Miscellaneous papers of Robert N. Smith, including ca. 10 items (photos, letters, unit newspapers) dating from his service overseas in World War II (Company M, 255th Infantry Regiment, 63rd Division); cadet scrapbook, largely newspaper clippings, dating from return to VMI 1946-1950.
Scope and Contents Scrapbook compiled by Cadet Robert W. Bolling (1899-1969), Virginia Military Institute Class of 1922. Included are snapshots, dance programs, clippings, drawings, and other VMI memorabilia. Topics of the photographs include his classmates and friends, cadet life, athletics, and VMI buildings.
Scope and Contents Scrapbook fragment (1 page) compiled by Cadet Strother Smith, Class of 1937. The page contains 4 items: Receipt for 2 swords from the Lilley-Ames Company; Finals programs, 1935; Final Ball program, 1935; roster, Company "C".
Scope and Contents Cadet scrapbook of Samuel L. Austin, Virginia Military Institute Class of 1921, covering the period 1916-1919. The scrapbook contains over 100 snapshots, as well as dance programs, clippings, drawings, and other VMI memorabilia. Topics of the photographs include his classmates and friends; cadet life (parades, classroom scenes, spring hike, penalty tours, marching to class, gymnasium decorated for a dance); athletics (football, baseball, track, basketball); buildings and grounds (statues,...
Scope and Contents A scrapbook documenting VMI's first Air Force ROTC Training Camp, held at Langley Air Force Base in 1948.
Scope and Contents The Spencer L. Carter Collection contains two items dating from Carter's Virginia Military Institute cadetship. Included is a notebook (binding missing) compiled by Carter, concerning VMI football and baseball. It includes lists of teams, game scores, and plays. The collection also contains an annotated copy of "The VMI Scrapbook," a compilation of cadet poetry and prose published in 1891. Carter added notes concerning the VMI Class of 1893, cadet officers, and Kappa Alpha Fraternity members.
- Subject: Scrapbooks X
- 1 Austin, Samuel L. (Samuel Lord), 1898-1987
- 1 Bagby, Pleasant H. (Pleasant Harwood), 1910-
- 1 Beeton, Francis E. (Francis Emerson), 1890-1981
- 1 Bell, James N. (James Nichol), 1904-1977
- 1 Bolling, Robert W. (Robert William), 1899-1969
- 1 Bond, Robert N., 1899-1924
- 1 Britt, Albert S.
- 1 Bundy, Richard J., 1899-1958
- 1 Carter, J. Prescott (James Prescott), 1899-1998
- 1 Carter, Spencer L. (Spencer Leslie), 1873-1950
- 1 Cooper, George L. H. (George Lawrence Hawkins), 1911-1984
- 1 Davis, Albert D. (Albert Daniel), 1913-1992
- 1 Dewey, Franklin H. (Franklin Haylander), 1908-1986
- 1 Dobyns, Samuel W., 1920-
- 1 Doty, Mark H. (Mark Hanahan), 1902-1968
- 1 East, J. Frank (John Franklin), 1901-1979
- 1 Finklehoffe, Fred Franklin
- 1 Garbutt, William A., 1909-1998
- 2 Gibbs, Nellie Tracy, 1868-1948
- 1 Gulf Coast Military Academy
- 1 Guthrie, James B., 1907-1984
- 1 Gwathmey, Lomax, 1937-1970
- 1 Hammond, Gordon, 1897-1953
- 1 Hanger, George D. (George DeLancey), 1907-1992
- 1 Hannah, Andrew L. (Andrew Lee), 1903-1982
- 1 Hopkins, William A. (William Addison), 1903-1971
- 1 Jackson, Montgomery C. (Montgomery Chamberlayne), 1900-1972
- 1 Jones, Reverdy H., 1913-1980
- 2 Lincoln, Percy M. (Percy Marsh), 1931-
- 1 Lowry, Sumter L., 1893-
- 1 Meriwether, Willis J.
- 1 Meyers, Bennet A. (Bennet Aaron), 1910-1975
- 1 Milton, William H. (William Hammond), 1900-1984
- 1 Morton, Theodore F. (Theodore Feild), 1899-1978
- 1 Moss, Clement M. (Clement Murphy), 1902-1970
- 1 Moyer, Frederick M. (Frederick Madison), 1923-1974
- 1 Munce, Marshall G. (Marshall Gilliam), 1896-1977
- 1 Neikirk, Joseph D. (Joseph Dillard), 1911-1990
- 1 Nelson, Nathan H. (Nathan Henry), 1902-1972
- 1 Nichols, E. W. (Edward West), 1858-1927
- 1 Nixon, Thomas S. (Thomas Scott), 1901-1980
- 1 Nunnamaker, Harold, 1910-1976
- 1 Pates, Bruce A., III
- 1 Patton, George S. (George Smith), 1885-1945
- 1 Payne, John B., 1899-1986
- 1 Rice, Hugh B. (Hugh Banker), 1900-1977
- 1 Richards, Walter L. (Walter Leland), 1919-
- 1 Ruffner, David L. (David Lewis), 1896-1973
- 1 Schmidt, Alfred C. (Alfred Clarence), 1901-1976
- 1 Scott, Thomas B. (Thomas Branch), 1894-1983
- 1 Shepherd, Lemuel C., Jr. (Lemuel Cornick)
- 1 Smith, Philip, 1893-1948
- 1 Smith, Robert N.
- 1 Smith, S. Strother, 1913-
- 1 Springs, Eli B. (Eli Baxter), 1894-1977
- 1 Tice, E. Jackson
- 1 Torrington, Francis R.
- 1 Virginia Military Institute. Office of Communications and Marketing
- 1 Vivian, William R. (William Rhoads), 1911-2009
- 1 Wallace, Robert L. (Robert Lucius), 1902-1988
- 1 Watson, William H. (William Henry), 1907-1974
- 1 Woodward, Richard R. (Richard Rawles), 1905-1982
- 1 von Schilling, Leopold M. (Leopold Marshall), 1905-1981 ∧ less