Showing Collections: 51 - 60 of 64
Contents Note Tangi Meli was a cadet social club organized ca. 1912, one of several such "semi-secret" societies that appeared in the years after fraternities were outlawed at VMI. Scrapbook (1912-1916) contains material about the club and VMI activities.
Scope and Contents The collection consists of three VMI scrapbooks compiled by Cadet Theodore Morton during the period 1916-1919. Included are photographs, dance programs and& other VMI memorabilia.
Contents Note Thomas B. Scott, Jr. was a member of the VMI Class of 1917. The collection consists of approximately 20 items, 1915-1919, including Scott's cadet scrapbook containing snapshots of Superintendent Edward W. Nichols, cadets, cadet activities, dance programs, and other VMI memorabilia; miscellaneous other items, including World War I postcards (15 items) and VMI postcards (4 items).
Scope and Contents Cadet scrapbook and photograph album of Thomas Scott Nixon, Virginia Military Institute Class of 1923, covering the period 1919-1920. Included are snapshots, as well as dance programs, clippings, drawings, and other VMI memorabilia. Topics of the photographs include his classmates and friends, cadet life, athletics, and VMI buildings.
Scope and Contents A collection of cadet scrapbooks featuring photographs, memorabilia, and miscellanea documenting cadet life.
Scope and Contents Scrapbooks of newspaper clippings providing a chronological view of VMI activities, events. Categories include general topics; sports, and special topics. From the 1950's forward these were compiled by the Public Relations staff; prior to that date they originated with various other employees, including the Librarian Nellie Gibbs. The Gibbs sometimes contain photographs pasted to pages. General VMI Topics: 1845-1981; Sports/Athletics, 1920-1972; Special Topics: Hazing death of...
Content Description Loose leaf photocopied pages from the Cadet newspaper and copies of other material documenting VMI track and cross country events for the period 1969-1970. Also contains program and DVD documenting the dedication of the Cormack Field House, 1986; DVD also includes 3 minute clip of a VMI parade ca. 1969.
Scope and Contents Virginia Military Institute (VMI) scrapbook, 1929-1930, compiled by Cadet William A. Garbutt, Class of 1933. Garbutt attended for one year. Includes photographs of cadet life, classmates, buildings; newspaper clippings, and memorabilia.
Scope and Contents VMI scrapbook compiled by Cadet William A. Hopkins during the years 1921-1925. Contains autographs and nicknames of classmates, items concerning athletic events, photographs; dance programs and other VMI mementos.
Scope and Contents Scrapbook compiled by VMI Cadet William H. Milton, Jr. Includes photographs and other mementos collected during his cadetship, 1916-1920. In later life he served as VMI's eighth Superintendent
- Subject: Scrapbooks X
- 1 Austin, Samuel L. (Samuel Lord), 1898-1987
- 1 Bagby, Pleasant H. (Pleasant Harwood), 1910-
- 1 Beeton, Francis E. (Francis Emerson), 1890-1981
- 1 Bell, James N. (James Nichol), 1904-1977
- 1 Bolling, Robert W. (Robert William), 1899-1969
- 1 Bond, Robert N., 1899-1924
- 1 Britt, Albert S.
- 1 Bundy, Richard J., 1899-1958
- 1 Carter, J. Prescott (James Prescott), 1899-1998
- 1 Carter, Spencer L. (Spencer Leslie), 1873-1950
- 1 Cooper, George L. H. (George Lawrence Hawkins), 1911-1984
- 1 Davis, Albert D. (Albert Daniel), 1913-1992
- 1 Dewey, Franklin H. (Franklin Haylander), 1908-1986
- 1 Dobyns, Samuel W., 1920-
- 1 Doty, Mark H. (Mark Hanahan), 1902-1968
- 1 East, J. Frank (John Franklin), 1901-1979
- 1 Finklehoffe, Fred Franklin
- 1 Garbutt, William A., 1909-1998
- 2 Gibbs, Nellie Tracy, 1868-1948
- 1 Gulf Coast Military Academy
- 1 Guthrie, James B., 1907-1984
- 1 Gwathmey, Lomax, 1937-1970
- 1 Hammond, Gordon, 1897-1953
- 1 Hanger, George D. (George DeLancey), 1907-1992
- 1 Hannah, Andrew L. (Andrew Lee), 1903-1982
- 1 Hopkins, William A. (William Addison), 1903-1971
- 1 Jackson, Montgomery C. (Montgomery Chamberlayne), 1900-1972
- 1 Jones, Reverdy H., 1913-1980
- 2 Lincoln, Percy M. (Percy Marsh), 1931-
- 1 Lowry, Sumter L., 1893-
- 1 Meriwether, Willis J.
- 1 Meyers, Bennet A. (Bennet Aaron), 1910-1975
- 1 Milton, William H. (William Hammond), 1900-1984
- 1 Morton, Theodore F. (Theodore Feild), 1899-1978
- 1 Moss, Clement M. (Clement Murphy), 1902-1970
- 1 Moyer, Frederick M. (Frederick Madison), 1923-1974
- 1 Munce, Marshall G. (Marshall Gilliam), 1896-1977
- 1 Neikirk, Joseph D. (Joseph Dillard), 1911-1990
- 1 Nelson, Nathan H. (Nathan Henry), 1902-1972
- 1 Nichols, E. W. (Edward West), 1858-1927
- 1 Nixon, Thomas S. (Thomas Scott), 1901-1980
- 1 Nunnamaker, Harold, 1910-1976
- 1 Pates, Bruce A., III
- 1 Patton, George S. (George Smith), 1885-1945
- 1 Payne, John B., 1899-1986
- 1 Rice, Hugh B. (Hugh Banker), 1900-1977
- 1 Richards, Walter L. (Walter Leland), 1919-
- 1 Ruffner, David L. (David Lewis), 1896-1973
- 1 Schmidt, Alfred C. (Alfred Clarence), 1901-1976
- 1 Scott, Thomas B. (Thomas Branch), 1894-1983
- 1 Shepherd, Lemuel C., Jr. (Lemuel Cornick)
- 1 Smith, Philip, 1893-1948
- 1 Smith, Robert N.
- 1 Smith, S. Strother, 1913-
- 1 Springs, Eli B. (Eli Baxter), 1894-1977
- 1 Tice, E. Jackson
- 1 Torrington, Francis R.
- 1 Virginia Military Institute. Office of Communications and Marketing
- 1 Vivian, William R. (William Rhoads), 1911-2009
- 1 Wallace, Robert L. (Robert Lucius), 1902-1988
- 1 Watson, William H. (William Henry), 1907-1974
- 1 Woodward, Richard R. (Richard Rawles), 1905-1982
- 1 von Schilling, Leopold M. (Leopold Marshall), 1905-1981 ∧ less