Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
Scope and Contents
The papers contain 12 items from the career of Charles P. Deyerle. Included are documents dating from his medical studies and his service in the United States Army. Also included are miscellaneous clippings.
Scope and Contents The collection consists of 30 original military maps owned by Robert E. Lee. The bulk (28 items) were used by Lee in Mexico, 1846-1848, when he was serving as a Captain in the U.S. Army Engineers Corps. Two of the maps were drawn by Lee and bear his signature. These maps comprise one of the most comprehensive cartographic resources for the study of the Mexican War. In addition to the Mexican War material, the collection contains two Crimean War era maps - Sevastopol and Kronstadt -...
Overview The Stonewall Jackson Papers consist primarily of Jackson's outgoing personal correspondence for the years 1844-1860. The collection also contains a relatively small number of Civil War era papers, as well as the papers of Mary Anna Morrison Jackson, his second wife, and papers of the Arnold family.
- Subject: United States -- Army -- History -- Mexican War, 1846-1848 X
- 1 Christian, Julia Jackson
- 1 Deyerle, Charles P. (Charles Peter), 1820-1853
- 1 Hill, Daniel Harvey, 1821-1899
- 1 Jackson, Mary Anna, 1831-1915
- 1 Jackson, Stonewall, 1824-1863
- 1 Johnston, Joseph E. (Joseph Eggleston), 1807-1891
- 1 Lee, Robert E. (Robert Edward), 1807-1870
- 1 Preston, Margaret Junkin, 1820-1897
- 1 Smith, Francis H. (Francis Henney), 1812-1890