Showing Collections: 21 - 26 of 26
Scope and Contents The bulk of the papers consists of miscellaneous items dating from Perkinson's the World War I service with HQ, 30th Division, as an aide-de-camp to General S. L. Faison. Documents include letters of recommendation, a special order, a battlefield map, and a leave of absence 30th Division and 119th Infantry histories. Also included are documents and photos dating from his cadetship and later life.
Scope and Contents Papers from the military career of Thomas St. J. Arnold; most items date from World War II. Includes operational reports of the 92nd Infantry Division; misc. maps; photographs; correspondence.
Scope and Contents The collection consists of photocopied documents and digital images dating from Dr. Douglas's service as a physician during World War II with the U. S. Army Medical Corps. Most items relate to the administration of hospitals in New Zealand and New Caledonia, where men wounded in Pacific Theater action were treated. On New Caledonia, to which Dr. Douglas was transferred in March 1943, he was responsible for the administration of seven hospitals at Dumbea with approximately 10,000 beds.
Scope and Contents The collection includes 4 routine letters (1965-1968) from General William Westmoreland to Tidwell; Tidwell's Legion of Merit citation and certificate, awarded for his service as Chief of the Reconnaissance and Photographic Intelligence Division in Vietnam, 1964-1965; other certificates and citations; and 3 photographs.
Scope and Contents Personal papers of Brigadier General William Burr Cochran, VMI Class of 1888. Includes corrspondence; photographs; unpublished biographical essay "Reminiscences of Camp Life During the World War", misc. other items (e.g. instructions for "final German Figures", a formal VMI dance).
Scope and Contents Bulk of papers document Burress' Army career for the period 1942-1954. Included are photos; subject file on the 100th Infantry Division; scrapbooks; miscellaneous correspondence; orders, memos. Other items include miscellaneous retirement correspondence (1957-1971).
- Subject: United States -- Army -- Officers -- Biography X
- 1 Almond, Edward M. (Edward Mallory), 1892-1979
- 1 Anderson, Marvin J. (Marvin Judson), 1921-1943
- 1 Arnold, Thomas St. John
- 1 Britt, Albert S.
- 1 Burress, Withers A. (Withers Alexander), 1894-1977
- 1 Cochran, William B. (William Burr)
- 1 Couper, John L. (John Lee), 1916-2000
- 1 Couper, Wm. (William), b. 1884
- 1 Douglas, Wallace S., 1901-1982
- 1 Downer, John W., 1881-1977
- 1 Edgar, C. Ernest, III, MG (Charles Ernest)
- 1 Eisenhower, Dwight D. (Dwight David), 1890-1969
- 1 Gerow, Lee S. (Lee Saunders), 1891-1982
- 1 Gerow, Leonard Townsend, 1888-1972
- 1 Green, Duff
- 1 Harbord, James G. (James Guthrie), 1866-1947
- 1 Irby, Richard L., 1918-2002
- 1 Kibler, A. Franklin (Abram Franklin), 1891-1955
- 1 MacArthur, Douglas, 1880-1964
- 1 Major, J. Russell (James Russell), 1921-
- 1 McCuaig, Duncan R., Dr.
- 1 Patton, George S. (George Smith), 1885-1945
- 1 Peay, J. H. Binford, III
- 1 Perkinson, T. Randolph, Jr. (Thomas Randolph), 1895-1973
- 1 Pershing, John J. (John Joseph), 1860-1948
- 1 Randolph, John H. Jr., 1921-
- 1 Rockenbach, Samuel D. (Samuel Dickerson), 1869-1952
- 1 Ruffner, David L. (David Lewis), 1896-1973
- 1 Sorley, Lewis S., III
- 1 Summerall, Charles Pelot, 1867-1955
- 1 Talbott, Samuel G. (Samuel Greaner), 1877-1965
- 1 Tidwell, William A.
- 1 Tobey, Nelson W. (Nelson Whitney), 1916-2009
- 1 VMI Research Laboratories, Inc.
- 1 Virginia Military Institute. Office of the Commandant
- 1 Waddill, Edmund C. (Edmund Clivious), 1883-1964
- 1 Westmoreland, William C. (William Childs), 1914-
- 1 Wood, Leonard, 1860-1927 ∧ less