Showing Collections: 21 - 30 of 84
Scope and Contents The Fred F. Finklehoffe collection contains the manuscript of an early version of the play "Brother Rat" ("When the Roll is Called"), which was submitted to VMI Professor of English Raymond E. Dixon by Finklehoffe and John Monks, Jr. The collection also includes screenplays, clippings, and scrapbooks from Mr. Finklehoffe's cadetship and career.
Scope and Contents Miscellaneous papers (approximately 20 items) of Frederick Stuart Greene. Included are scripts of four plays, ("The Law of the Tribe," 1914; "When Johnny Comes Marching Home," 1929; "Christophine," 1930; "We Want Burke," 1934; manuscript of a short story, "Pick Up;" correspondence concerning "We Want Burke" (play); detail study (from New Market painting) of the face of a New Market cadet by artist Benjamin West Clinedinst, inscribed to F.S. Greene; 3 photographs; 6 World War I maps...
Scope and Contents The collection consists of slides, photographs, printed material, leaflets and propaganda material, and miscellaneous documents dating from Richards' service in a Psychological Operations unit during the Vietnam War, 1966-1967
Scope and Contents Miscellaneous World War II papers documenting the army service of George J. Tompkins, Jr. Included are Gen. Eisenhower's letter to the troops about to participate in the D-Day invasion, June 1944, and a similar item from President Roosevelt. Tompkins is a member of the VMI Class of 1944.
Scope and Contents Commission documents, certficates and diplomas awarded to Gilbert P. Chase. 13 items, dated 1890-1925.
Scope and Contents The collection is comprised of the papers of the Philo H. Goodwyn family of New Orleans, Louisiana. The bulk consists of letters (1840-1858) written by Philo H. Goodwyn to his fiance & later wife, Martha S. McGavock. Other items of correspondence include two letters from Almira McGavock to her daughter Martha, and one letter from McGavock R. Goodwyn (later VMI Class of 1863) to his father, Philo. In addition, the papers contain miscellaneous legal and financial papers relating to the...
Contents Note Miscellaneous papers (9 items) dating from the World War II army service of Harold P. Clark, VMI Class of 1941. Included are two personal letters (1946) from Gen. Wither A. Burress to Clark, and 7 snapshots of Clark and other army officers.
Scope and Contents Personal papers of Henry A. Wise, including general correspondence, family correspondence, subject files, and materials relating to the publication of his book, Drawing Out the Man: The VMI story. Inventory available.
Scope and Contents The papers consist primarily of Foresman's World War II service records; extensive information regarding Foresman and Joyce family genealogy (his maternal ancestors), including Daughters of the American Revolution application material that traces his maternal ancestry to Revolutionary War soldier Dominicus Libby; biographical information; and miscellaneous personal correspondence, certificates, and photographs.
Scope and Contents This collection contains individual biographical files for all 19th and early 20th century cadets; and historical faculty/staff, Board of Visitors members, and other people associated with VMI history. A typical historical cadet record consists of correspondence from parents regarding a cadetship; correspondence from the alumnus; alumni questionnaires, often containing genealogical information; and obituaries and other clippings. A file is maintained for every student who enrolled,...
- Subject: Virginia Military Institute -- Alumni -- Biography X
- 1 Addison, William M. (William Marlborough), 1898-1986
- 1 Almond, Edward M. (Edward Mallory), 1892-1979
- 1 Anderson, Marvin J. (Marvin Judson), 1921-1943
- 1 Anjier, Louis J.
- 1 Arnold, Thomas St. John
- 1 Bachtell, Linford B. (Linford Boone), 1921-1982
- 1 Barksdale, Alfred D. (Alfred Dickinson), 1892-1972
- 1 Berry, M. Keith (Marshall Keith), 1899-1985
- 1 Boykin, Francis M. (Francis Marshall), 1837-1906
- 1 Boykin, Maury W. (Maury Wood), 1893-1984
- 1 Brand, E. Cabell
- 1 Britt, Albert S.
- 1 Burger, Ammen L., 1917-1994
- 2 Burress, Withers A. (Withers Alexander), 1894-1977
- 1 Chase, Gilbert P. (Gilbert Paul), 1873-1952
- 1 Clark, Harold P. (Harold Page), 1921-
- 1 Clinedinst, B. West (Benjamin West), 1860-1931
- 1 Conner, Albert Z., 1943-
- 1 Couper, John L. (John Lee), 1916-2000
- 1 Couper, Wm. (William), b. 1884
- 1 Daniels, Jonathan Myrick, 1939-1965
- 1 Douglas, Wallace S., 1901-1982
- 1 Dunbar, William B., 1907-1968
- 1 Earle, Robert A. (Robert August), 1906-1991
- 2 Eisenhower, Dwight D. (Dwight David), 1890-1969
- 1 Ewell, Benjamin S.
- 1 Ferebee, J. Smith (James Smith), 1906-1988
- 1 Finklehoffe, Fred Franklin
- 1 Foresman family
- 1 Foresman, Henry J., 1919-2000
- 1 Foster, Charles E., 1903-1938
- 1 Gatewood, Robert, 1829-1909
- 1 Gatling, Norborne P., Jr.
- 1 Gerow, Lee S. (Lee Saunders), 1891-1982
- 1 Gerow, Leonard Townsend, 1888-1972
- 1 Gibson, Mennis L. (Mennis Lawson), 1899-1973
- 1 Goodwyn Family
- 1 Goodwyn, McGavock R., 1841-1875
- 1 Goodwyn, Philo H., 1805?-1860
- 1 Gray, Elmon T.
- 1 Greene, Frederick Stuart, 1870-1939
- 1 Gwathmey, Allan T. (Allan Talbott), 1903-1963
- 1 Harden, James A. (James Abel), 1841-1927
- 1 Hardin Family
- 1 Hardin, Mark B. (Mark Bernard), 1838-1916
- 1 Harris, Willis O. (Willis Overton), 1847-1911
- 1 Jackson, Stonewall, 1824-1863
- 1 James, John G. (John Garland), 1844-1930
- 1 James, Rorer A. (Rorer Anderson), 1859-1921
- 1 Joyce family
- 1 Kibler, A. Franklin (Abram Franklin), 1891-1955
- 1 King, W. Marshall (William Marshall), 1901-1957
- 1 Lee, Robert E. (Robert Edward), 1807-1870
- 1 Letcher, John, 1813-1884
- 1 Libby family
- 1 Lightfoot, Charles E. (Charles Edward), 1834-1878
- 1 Luke, John M. (John Marvin), 1880-1951
- 1 Major, J. Russell (James Russell), 1921-
- 1 Major, Julian Neville, 1887-1953
- 1 Marshall, Samuel W. (Samuel Wilson), 1905-1988
- 1 McClure, William G., Jr.
- 1 McCuaig, Duncan R., Dr.
- 1 Meyer, Alvin F., Jr., 1920-2006
- 1 Millner, Esther A., 1894-1979
- 1 Millner, Samuel M. (Samuel Morehead), 1891-1985
- 1 Moncure family
- 1 Moncure, Thomas J. (Thomas Jefferson), 1832-1912
- 1 Montague, Ludwell Lee, 1907-1972
- 1 Moss, James B., Jr., 1924-1998
- 1 Neikirk, Joseph D. (Joseph Dillard), 1911-1990
- 1 Oliver, Thomas T. (Thomas Tucker), 1941-1968
- 1 Perkinson, T. Randolph, Jr. (Thomas Randolph), 1895-1973
- 1 Pershing, John J. (John Joseph), 1860-1948
- 1 Phillips, James J. (James Jasper), 1832-1908
- 1 Potts, Allen R.
- 1 Randolph, John H. Jr., 1921-
- 1 Richards, Gates T.
- 1 Roosevelt, Franklin D. (Franklin Delano), 1882-1945
- 1 Ross, Erskine M. (Erskine Mayo), 1845-1928
- 1 Ruffner, David L. (David Lewis), 1896-1973
- 1 Sun, Li Jen, ?-1990
- 1 Talbott, Samuel G. (Samuel Greaner), 1877-1965
- 1 Tice, E. Jackson
- 1 Tidwell, William A.
- 1 Tompkins, George J., Jr.
- 1 Towne, Roger E. (Roger Earl), 1913-1983
- 1 Townes, John E., 1886-1970
- 1 Upshur, Alfred P. (Alfred Parker), 1885-1964
- 1 Upshur, William P. (William Peterkin), 1881-1943
- 1 Virginia Military Institute. Adams Center for Military History
- 1 Virginia Military Institute. Department of History
- 1 Vivian, William R. (William Rhoads), 1911-2009
- 1 Waddill, Edmund C. (Edmund Clivious), 1883-1964
- 1 Westmoreland, William C. (William Childs), 1914-
- 1 Whittle, William M.
- 1 Wills, Waller G. (Waller Garland), 1898-1961
- 1 Wilson Family
- 1 Wilson, Nathaniel C., 1839-1863
- 1 Wise family
- 1 Wise, Henry A. (Henry Alexander), 1874-1968 ∧ less