Showing Collections: 71 - 80 of 84
Scope and Contents The collection consists of completed alumni survey documents asking for summary of service. Some alumni also submitted additional information.
Collection — Box: MS0532
Scope and Contents This collection contains autobiographical and biographical information about military service from alumni veterans of World War II through the first Gulf War. The alumni responses range in length from short summaries to longer narrative descriptions detailing service. Some files contain related photographs and/or documents.
Scope and Contents The collection consists of three oversized items from the career of W. Marshall King, including two U. S. Army commission documents, 1922 and 1927, and one certificate honoring King, 1951.
Scope and Contents The collection consists of photocopied documents and digital images dating from Dr. Douglas's service as a physician during World War II with the U. S. Army Medical Corps. Most items relate to the administration of hospitals in New Zealand and New Caledonia, where men wounded in Pacific Theater action were treated. On New Caledonia, to which Dr. Douglas was transferred in March 1943, he was responsible for the administration of seven hospitals at Dumbea with approximately 10,000 beds.
Scope and Contents The papers consist of miscellaneous papers, 1916-1956. Included is a notebook containing unfinished memoirs "Reminiscences of Cadet Days", in which he discusses many aspects of cadet life during the his Rat year, 1915-1916. The papers also include miscellaneous correspondence, cadet handbooks (the Bullet), and a dance program for the Cadet club, the "Nuggateers".
Scope and Contents The collection includes 4 routine letters (1965-1968) from General William Westmoreland to Tidwell; Tidwell's Legion of Merit citation and certificate, awarded for his service as Chief of the Reconnaissance and Photographic Intelligence Division in Vietnam, 1964-1965; other certificates and citations; and 3 photographs.
Scope and Contents The papers consist of incoming correspondence and postcards, 1916-1945, written by various friends and family members to Dunbar. The letters that date from the period of his cadetship include occasional reference to VMI events.
Scope and Contents Papers documenting the U. S. Marine Corps career of William G. McClure, Jr., Virginia Military Institute, Class of 1943. The bulk of the papers concern the period of his active duty during World War II, when he served with the 1st Marine Division in the Pacific and was awarded the Purple Heart. Other items include papers relating to his postwar service as a reserve officer; miscellaneous photographs, including one photo of the Class of 1943 Ring Figure Dance (Nov. 1941); biographical and...
Scope and Contents Papers, 1928-1946, concerning William M. Addison's activities as civilian and U.S. Army Chaplain representing the Christian Science faith. Includes correspondence with individuals at the London branch of "Christian Science Wartime Activities of the Mother Church"; sermons and prayers; monthly reports; miscellaneous documents.25 cubic feet.
Scope and Contents The collection consists of the military papers of Captain William M. Whittle, VMI Class of 1917. Whittle served in World War I with the 314th Machine Gun Battalion and was sent to France in May 1918. Included are a notebook containing war service chronology, notes concerning machine gun procedures, and names of officers in his unit; military orders; misc. other documents and printed material; and one photo of Whittle in his Army uniform, circa 1918.
- Subject: Virginia Military Institute -- Alumni -- Biography X
- 1 Addison, William M. (William Marlborough), 1898-1986
- 1 Almond, Edward M. (Edward Mallory), 1892-1979
- 1 Anderson, Marvin J. (Marvin Judson), 1921-1943
- 1 Anjier, Louis J.
- 1 Arnold, Thomas St. John
- 1 Bachtell, Linford B. (Linford Boone), 1921-1982
- 1 Barksdale, Alfred D. (Alfred Dickinson), 1892-1972
- 1 Berry, M. Keith (Marshall Keith), 1899-1985
- 1 Boykin, Francis M. (Francis Marshall), 1837-1906
- 1 Boykin, Maury W. (Maury Wood), 1893-1984
- 1 Brand, E. Cabell
- 1 Britt, Albert S.
- 1 Burger, Ammen L., 1917-1994
- 2 Burress, Withers A. (Withers Alexander), 1894-1977
- 1 Chase, Gilbert P. (Gilbert Paul), 1873-1952
- 1 Clark, Harold P. (Harold Page), 1921-
- 1 Clinedinst, B. West (Benjamin West), 1860-1931
- 1 Conner, Albert Z., 1943-
- 1 Couper, John L. (John Lee), 1916-2000
- 1 Couper, Wm. (William), b. 1884
- 1 Daniels, Jonathan Myrick, 1939-1965
- 1 Douglas, Wallace S., 1901-1982
- 1 Dunbar, William B., 1907-1968
- 1 Earle, Robert A. (Robert August), 1906-1991
- 2 Eisenhower, Dwight D. (Dwight David), 1890-1969
- 1 Ewell, Benjamin S.
- 1 Ferebee, J. Smith (James Smith), 1906-1988
- 1 Finklehoffe, Fred Franklin
- 1 Foresman family
- 1 Foresman, Henry J., 1919-2000
- 1 Foster, Charles E., 1903-1938
- 1 Gatewood, Robert, 1829-1909
- 1 Gatling, Norborne P., Jr.
- 1 Gerow, Lee S. (Lee Saunders), 1891-1982
- 1 Gerow, Leonard Townsend, 1888-1972
- 1 Gibson, Mennis L. (Mennis Lawson), 1899-1973
- 1 Goodwyn Family
- 1 Goodwyn, McGavock R., 1841-1875
- 1 Goodwyn, Philo H., 1805?-1860
- 1 Gray, Elmon T.
- 1 Greene, Frederick Stuart, 1870-1939
- 1 Gwathmey, Allan T. (Allan Talbott), 1903-1963
- 1 Harden, James A. (James Abel), 1841-1927
- 1 Hardin Family
- 1 Hardin, Mark B. (Mark Bernard), 1838-1916
- 1 Harris, Willis O. (Willis Overton), 1847-1911
- 1 Jackson, Stonewall, 1824-1863
- 1 James, John G. (John Garland), 1844-1930
- 1 James, Rorer A. (Rorer Anderson), 1859-1921
- 1 Joyce family
- 1 Kibler, A. Franklin (Abram Franklin), 1891-1955
- 1 King, W. Marshall (William Marshall), 1901-1957
- 1 Lee, Robert E. (Robert Edward), 1807-1870
- 1 Letcher, John, 1813-1884
- 1 Libby family
- 1 Lightfoot, Charles E. (Charles Edward), 1834-1878
- 1 Luke, John M. (John Marvin), 1880-1951
- 1 Major, J. Russell (James Russell), 1921-
- 1 Major, Julian Neville, 1887-1953
- 1 Marshall, Samuel W. (Samuel Wilson), 1905-1988
- 1 McClure, William G., Jr.
- 1 McCuaig, Duncan R., Dr.
- 1 Meyer, Alvin F., Jr., 1920-2006
- 1 Millner, Esther A., 1894-1979
- 1 Millner, Samuel M. (Samuel Morehead), 1891-1985
- 1 Moncure family
- 1 Moncure, Thomas J. (Thomas Jefferson), 1832-1912
- 1 Montague, Ludwell Lee, 1907-1972
- 1 Moss, James B., Jr., 1924-1998
- 1 Neikirk, Joseph D. (Joseph Dillard), 1911-1990
- 1 Oliver, Thomas T. (Thomas Tucker), 1941-1968
- 1 Perkinson, T. Randolph, Jr. (Thomas Randolph), 1895-1973
- 1 Pershing, John J. (John Joseph), 1860-1948
- 1 Phillips, James J. (James Jasper), 1832-1908
- 1 Potts, Allen R.
- 1 Randolph, John H. Jr., 1921-
- 1 Richards, Gates T.
- 1 Roosevelt, Franklin D. (Franklin Delano), 1882-1945
- 1 Ross, Erskine M. (Erskine Mayo), 1845-1928
- 1 Ruffner, David L. (David Lewis), 1896-1973
- 1 Sun, Li Jen, ?-1990
- 1 Talbott, Samuel G. (Samuel Greaner), 1877-1965
- 1 Tice, E. Jackson
- 1 Tidwell, William A.
- 1 Tompkins, George J., Jr.
- 1 Towne, Roger E. (Roger Earl), 1913-1983
- 1 Townes, John E., 1886-1970
- 1 Upshur, Alfred P. (Alfred Parker), 1885-1964
- 1 Upshur, William P. (William Peterkin), 1881-1943
- 1 Virginia Military Institute. Adams Center for Military History
- 1 Virginia Military Institute. Department of History
- 1 Vivian, William R. (William Rhoads), 1911-2009
- 1 Waddill, Edmund C. (Edmund Clivious), 1883-1964
- 1 Westmoreland, William C. (William Childs), 1914-
- 1 Whittle, William M.
- 1 Wills, Waller G. (Waller Garland), 1898-1961
- 1 Wilson Family
- 1 Wilson, Nathaniel C., 1839-1863
- 1 Wise family
- 1 Wise, Henry A. (Henry Alexander), 1874-1968 ∧ less