Showing Collections: 1 - 8 of 8
Scope and Contents Photographs, playbills, clippings, correspondence and other items documenting the stage and film versions of "Brother Rat".
Scope and Contents Personal papers of Henry A. Wise, including general correspondence, family correspondence, subject files, and materials relating to the publication of his book, Drawing Out the Man: The VMI story. Inventory available.
Scope and Contents The Jennings C. Wise Papers consist primarily of incoming and outgoing correspondence from the period 1910-1960. Included are letters dating from his years as Professor and Commandant of Cadets at VMI, from his practice of law, and from his retirement period in which he devoted himself primarily to writing. Wise was passionately interested in the history and future development of VMI and much of the correspondence reflects his ongoing involvement with the school. He often held controversial...
Scope and Contents The papers (ca. 1 cubic foot), consist of drafts and related correspondence for a three part, largely unpublished work entitled "A Complete History of the Virginia Military Institute, 1839-1924". One part was eventually published as "VMI in the World War." Also included are miscellaneous VMI-related notes and papers.
Scope and Contents Bulk consists of drafts, notes, and other items related to the publication of Naisawald's book, Grape and Canister, the story of the field artillery of the Army of the Potomac, 1861-1865 (Oxford University Press, 1960). Also a file of research material for an article"Recovery of Colors" and miscellaneous oversized and other items.
Scope and Contents One typescript publication (196 pp.)"History of the 7th Field Artillery battalion, WWII" by Nelson W. Tobey, VMI Class of 1939.
Scope and Contents Collection consists of items relating to the publication of Tanner's 1976 book, Stonewall in the Valley. Includes drafts, revisions, typescripts, galley & page proofs; correspondence with the publisher. Also chapter typescript for The Guns of '62.
Scope and Contents Annotated typescripts, galley and page proofs, and other pre-publication materials relating to: Letters of a New Market cadet (University of North Carolina Press, 1961) edited by Robert K. Turner and John G. Barrett. Most of the original documents that appear in the book are located in the Jaqueline Beverly Stanard Papers, VMI Archives.
- Subject: Virginia Military Institute -- Alumni -- Publications X
- 1 Albert, Eddie
- 1 Anderson, Joseph R. (Joseph Reid), 1851-1930
- 1 Barrett, John Gilchrist
- 1 Ezekiel, Moses Jacob, 1844-1917
- 1 Finklehoffe, Fred Franklin
- 1 Jackson, Stonewall, 1824-1863
- 1 Kilbourne, Charles E. (Charles Evans), 1872-1963
- 1 Monks, John Cherry
- 1 Naisawald, L. VanLoan (Louis VanLoan), 1920-
- 1 Reagan, Ronald
- 1 Stanard, Jaqueline Beverly, 1845-1864
- 1 Tanner, Robert G.
- 1 Tobey, Nelson W. (Nelson Whitney), 1916-2009
- 1 Turner, Robert K.
- 1 Virginia Military Institute. Office of the Commandant
- 1 Wise family
- 1 Wise, Henry A. (Henry Alexander), 1874-1968
- 1 Wise, Henry Alexander, 1906-1982
- 2 Wise, Jennings C. (Jennings Cropper), 1881-1968
- 1 Wyman, Jane, 1914- ∧ less