Showing Collections: 31 - 40 of 51
Scope and Contents VMI scrapbook, 1916-1920, compiled by Cadet Richard J. Bundy. Includes photographs of cadet life (classmates, dances, athletic events) and buildings; clippings and other memorabilia.
Scope and Contents Scrapbook compiled by VMI Cadet Richard R. Woodward. Contains photographs of cadet life and other VMI memorabilia.
Scope and Contents The collection consists of the VMI account book of Cadet Robert L. Wallace (VMI Class of 1924, of Chase City, Virginia), containing entries for cadet expenses, 1920-1924; and a scrapbook fragment (ca. 21 pages), containing photographs of cadets and cadet life, clippings, and other VMI mementos.
Scope and Contents Scrapbook compiled by Cadet Robert Bond, Jr., VMI Class of 1919, covering the academic year 1915-1916. Included are snapshots, dance programs, clipppings, and other VMI memorabilia. Topics of the photographs include his classmates and friends, cadet life, athletics, faculty, and VMI buildings. The collection also includes 2 letters to his father; the letter dated September 12, 1915, contains an extensive description of the life of a new cadet ("Rat"), including a description of hazing practices.
Scope and Contents Scrapbook compiled by Cadet Robert W. Bolling (1899-1969), Virginia Military Institute Class of 1922. Included are snapshots, dance programs, clippings, drawings, and other VMI memorabilia. Topics of the photographs include his classmates and friends, cadet life, athletics, and VMI buildings.
Scope and Contents Cadet scrapbook of Samuel L. Austin, Virginia Military Institute Class of 1921, covering the period 1916-1919. The scrapbook contains over 100 snapshots, as well as dance programs, clippings, drawings, and other VMI memorabilia. Topics of the photographs include his classmates and friends; cadet life (parades, classroom scenes, spring hike, penalty tours, marching to class, gymnasium decorated for a dance); athletics (football, baseball, track, basketball); buildings and grounds (statues,...
Scope and Contents The Simeon O. Coxe collection contains a one volume typewritten transcription of letters written by Cadet Coxe (Virginia Military Institute Class of 1933) to his parents in Richmond, Virginia. The letters cover Coxe's entire cadetship (1929-1933) and contain a detailed record of VMI student life during early 1930's. Topics include daily routines; hazing; financial concerns; academics; athletics; ROTC summer camp at Fort Hoyle, Maryland; and the Ring Figure dance.
Scope and Contents The Spencer L. Carter Collection contains two items dating from Carter's Virginia Military Institute cadetship. Included is a notebook (binding missing) compiled by Carter, concerning VMI football and baseball. It includes lists of teams, game scores, and plays. The collection also contains an annotated copy of "The VMI Scrapbook," a compilation of cadet poetry and prose published in 1891. Carter added notes concerning the VMI Class of 1893, cadet officers, and Kappa Alpha Fraternity members.
Scope and Contents The collection consists of three VMI scrapbooks compiled by Cadet Theodore Morton during the period 1916-1919. Included are photographs, dance programs and& other VMI memorabilia.
Scope and Contents The collection consists of the diary (1883-1885) written by Virginia Military Institute Cadet Thomas J. Nottingham. It contains a consistent record of the daily cadet routine as it existed during the mid- 1880's and is an excellent source for information about student life during that era. Included are specific references to recitations, fights, dress parade, the Dialectic Society (a student debating society), YMCA, girls, baseball and football games with Washington College students ("minks"),...
- Subject: Virginia Military Institute -- Athletics X
- 1 Austin, Samuel L. (Samuel Lord), 1898-1987
- 1 Bagby, Pleasant H. (Pleasant Harwood), 1910-
- 1 Bell, James N. (James Nichol), 1904-1977
- 1 Bolling, Robert W. (Robert William), 1899-1969
- 1 Bond, Robert N., 1899-1924
- 1 Bundy, Richard J., 1899-1958
- 1 Carter, Spencer L. (Spencer Leslie), 1873-1950
- 1 Cooper, George L. H. (George Lawrence Hawkins), 1911-1984
- 1 Coxe, Simeon O., 1910-1999
- 1 Davis, Albert D. (Albert Daniel), 1913-1992
- 1 Davis, Thomas W.
- 1 Dewey, Franklin H. (Franklin Haylander), 1908-1986
- 1 Doty, Mark H. (Mark Hanahan), 1902-1968
- 1 East, J. Frank (John Franklin), 1901-1979
- 1 Garbutt, William A., 1909-1998
- 2 Gibbs, Nellie Tracy, 1868-1948
- 1 Gulf Coast Military Academy
- 1 Guthrie, James B., 1907-1984
- 1 Hammond, Gordon, 1897-1953
- 1 Hankins, James D. (James DeWitt), 1902-1978
- 1 Hopkins, William A. (William Addison), 1903-1971
- 1 Howard, Conway R. (Conway Robinson), 1881-1936
- 1 Jackson, Montgomery C. (Montgomery Chamberlayne), 1900-1972
- 1 Jarvis, Jesse P. (Jesse Pitts), 1887-1942
- 1 Jones, Reverdy H., 1913-1980
- 1 Meriwether, Willis J.
- 1 Milton, William H. (William Hammond), 1900-1984
- 1 Morton, Theodore F. (Theodore Feild), 1899-1978
- 1 Moss, Clement M. (Clement Murphy), 1902-1970
- 1 Moyer, Frederick M. (Frederick Madison), 1923-1974
- 1 Munce, Marshall G. (Marshall Gilliam), 1896-1977
- 1 Nelson, Nathan H. (Nathan Henry), 1902-1972
- 1 Nixon, Thomas S. (Thomas Scott), 1901-1980
- 1 Nottingham, Thomas J. (Thomas Jacob), 1864-1953
- 1 Pates, Bruce A., III
- 1 Payne, John B., 1899-1986
- 1 Plants, George S. (George Sands), 1885-1971
- 1 Purdie, Kenneth S. (Kenneth Sinclair), 1892-1983
- 1 Rice, Hugh B. (Hugh Banker), 1900-1977
- 1 Richards, Walter L. (Walter Leland), 1919-
- 1 Smith, Philip, 1893-1948
- 1 Smith, Sara Henderson, 1812-1884
- 1 Springs, Eli B. (Eli Baxter), 1894-1977
- 1 Stewart, Henry M. (Henry Montgomery), 1911-1988
- 1 Townes, John E., 1886-1970
- 1 Virginia Military Institute. Department of History
- 1 Virginia Military Institute. Department of Intercollegiate Athletics
- 2 Virginia Military Institute. Office of Communications and Marketing
- 1 Wallace, Robert L. (Robert Lucius), 1902-1988
- 1 Watson, William H. (William Henry), 1907-1974
- 1 Williamson, Henry Watson, 1823-1884
- 1 Woodward, Richard R. (Richard Rawles), 1905-1982
- 1 von Schilling, Leopold M. (Leopold Marshall), 1905-1981 ∧ less