Showing Collections: 21 - 30 of 40
Scope and Contents The collection consists of the miscellaneous papers of noted 19th century sculptor Moses Jacob Ezekiel. Included is correspondence to Virginia Military Institute Superintendent Edward West Nichols and others, 1867- 1917, some relating to the design of the Battle of New Market memorial sculpture Virginia Mourning Her Dead; pen and ink sketches by Ezekiel (ca. 67 items); a typescript version of Ezekiel's autobiography, Memoirs from the Baths of Diocletian and miscellaneous printed material.
Scope and Contents VMI scrapbook, 1918-1922, compiled by Cadet Nathan H. Nelson. Contains photographs, clippings& other mementos. Subjects include buildings, athletics, social events, classmates. Also contains a few annotations by Nelson.
Scope and Contents VMI scrapbook compiled by Cadet Philip Smith. Includes photographs (individual cadets, cadet life, buildings, Lexington, Goshen), invitations, programs, and other VMI memorabilia.
Identifier: RG-04-Physical Plant
Scope and Contents Records primarily concerning the history of VMI buildings and other material related to VMI's physical plant and property.
Scope and Contents Documents and reports relating to VMI's planning initiatives, beginning in 1959. Includes material re: "Plan 2000" Corps Study (1980); Commission on the University of the 21st Century (U-21), 1990; long range academic planning (LRAP).; strategic plans; strategic business plans; post facilities master plans; report of Superintendent's Focus Group - Academics (2004); Vision 2039 (GEN Peay's initiative)
Scope and Contents Scrapbook compiled by VMI Cadet Pleasant H. Bagby. Included are photographs, dance programs, and other VMI memorabilia.
Identifier: RG-04-Preservation reports
Scope and Contents In 2005, VMI was awarded a Campus Heritage Grant from the Getty Foundation in order to review and provide a strategy for protecting and preserving the historical architectural and landscape resources on Post. This is the final report of John Milner Associates, Inc., who worked with VMI to devise this plan.
Scope and Contents VMI scrapbook, 1916-1920, compiled by Cadet Richard J. Bundy. Includes photographs of cadet life (classmates, dances, athletic events) and buildings; clippings and other memorabilia.
Scope and Contents Scrapbook compiled by Cadet Robert Bond, Jr., VMI Class of 1919, covering the academic year 1915-1916. Included are snapshots, dance programs, clipppings, and other VMI memorabilia. Topics of the photographs include his classmates and friends, cadet life, athletics, faculty, and VMI buildings. The collection also includes 2 letters to his father; the letter dated September 12, 1915, contains an extensive description of the life of a new cadet ("Rat"), including a description of hazing practices.
Scope and Contents Scrapbook compiled by Cadet Robert W. Bolling (1899-1969), Virginia Military Institute Class of 1922. Included are snapshots, dance programs, clippings, drawings, and other VMI memorabilia. Topics of the photographs include his classmates and friends, cadet life, athletics, and VMI buildings.
- Subject: Virginia Military Institute -- Buildings, structures, etc X
- 1 Austin, Samuel L. (Samuel Lord), 1898-1987
- 1 Bagby, Pleasant H. (Pleasant Harwood), 1910-
- 1 Barton, George L. (George Lloyd), 1891-1984
- 1 Beale, William S. (William Steenbergen)
- 1 Bolling, Robert W. (Robert William), 1899-1969
- 1 Bond, Robert N., 1899-1924
- 1 Bundy, Richard J., 1899-1958
- 1 Davis, Alexander Jackson, 1803-1892
- 1 Deyerle, Charles P. (Charles Peter), 1820-1853
- 1 Doty, Mark H. (Mark Hanahan), 1902-1968
- 1 East, J. Frank (John Franklin), 1901-1979
- 1 Ezekiel, Moses Jacob, 1844-1917
- 1 Gulf Coast Military Academy
- 1 Guthrie, James B., 1907-1984
- 1 Hammond, Gordon, 1897-1953
- 1 Historic American Buildings Survey
- 1 Irwin, Mary Wilson
- 1 Jackson, Montgomery C. (Montgomery Chamberlayne), 1900-1972
- 1 John Milner Associates
- 1 Jordan, John, 1777-1854
- 1 Keitt, Thomas W. (Thomas Wadlington), 1859-1922
- 1 Letcher, John, 1813-1884
- 1 Lincoln, Percy M. (Percy Marsh), 1931-
- 1 Lowry, Day
- 1 Meriwether, Willis J.
- 1 Milton, William H. (William Hammond), 1900-1984
- 1 Morton, Theodore F. (Theodore Feild), 1899-1978
- 1 Moss, Clement M. (Clement Murphy), 1902-1970
- 1 Munce, Marshall G. (Marshall Gilliam), 1896-1977
- 1 Neill, William
- 1 Nelson, Nathan H. (Nathan Henry), 1902-1972
- 1 Nichols, E. W. (Edward West), 1858-1927
- 1 Nixon, Thomas S. (Thomas Scott), 1901-1980
- 1 Nunnamaker, Harold, 1910-1976
- 4 Smith, Francis H. (Francis Henney), 1812-1890
- 1 Smith, Philip, 1893-1948
- 1 Stewart, Henry M. (Henry Montgomery), 1911-1988
- 1 Strange family
- 1 Strange, John B. (John Bowie), 1823-1862
- 1 Virginia Military Institute. Alumni Association
- 1 Virginia Military Institute. Department of History
- 1 Virginia Military Institute. Library
- 1 Virginia Military Institute. Museum
- 1 Virginia Military Institute. Office of Communications and Marketing
- 4 Virginia Military Institute. Office of the Deputy Superintendent for Finance, Administration, and Support
- 1 Waddell, James H. (James Henry), 1833-1884
- 1 Watson, William H. (William Henry), 1907-1974
- 1 von Schilling, Leopold M. (Leopold Marshall), 1905-1981 ∧ less