Showing Collections: 31 - 40 of 40
Scope and Contents Cadet scrapbook of Samuel L. Austin, Virginia Military Institute Class of 1921, covering the period 1916-1919. The scrapbook contains over 100 snapshots, as well as dance programs, clippings, drawings, and other VMI memorabilia. Topics of the photographs include his classmates and friends; cadet life (parades, classroom scenes, spring hike, penalty tours, marching to class, gymnasium decorated for a dance); athletics (football, baseball, track, basketball); buildings and grounds (statues,...
Scope and Contents The collection consists of three VMI scrapbooks compiled by Cadet Theodore Morton during the period 1916-1919. Included are photographs, dance programs and& other VMI memorabilia.
Scope and Contents Cadet scrapbook and photograph album of Thomas Scott Nixon, Virginia Military Institute Class of 1923, covering the period 1919-1920. Included are snapshots, as well as dance programs, clippings, drawings, and other VMI memorabilia. Topics of the photographs include his classmates and friends, cadet life, athletics, and VMI buildings.
Scope and Contents Watercolor drawing (12 x 16 in.) of Washington Arch facade of Barracks by Cadet Keitt, dated May 15, 1876. Details include clock; Virginia and U.S. flags flying from towers.
Scope and Contents Images in all formats created or commissioned by the Communications and Marketing Office [previous names include Public Information Office and Public Relations. Physical formats include include black and white and color prints, slides, and proof sheets. Digital image created by the office, as well as those posted on VMI's VMI's official social media platforms are also collected and cataloged by the Archives staff.
Identifier: RG-04-Subject Files-Post Housing
Content Description Policy, assignment, and other records relating to VMI owned residences.
Scope and Contents Scrapbook compiled by VMI Cadet William H. Milton, Jr. Includes photographs and other mementos collected during his cadetship, 1916-1920. In later life he served as VMI's eighth Superintendent
Scope and Contents Scrapbook compiled by VMI Cadet William H. Watson. Includes photographs and other VMI memorabilia, 1923-1925.
Scope and Contents The collection consists of the notebook (ca. 165 pages) of VMI Cadet William Neill, containing copied and possibly original poetry; and one watercolor sketch (10" x 7.5") of barracks room number 38, drawn by Neill and dated October 1877.
- Subject: Virginia Military Institute -- Buildings, structures, etc X
- 1 Austin, Samuel L. (Samuel Lord), 1898-1987
- 1 Bagby, Pleasant H. (Pleasant Harwood), 1910-
- 1 Barton, George L. (George Lloyd), 1891-1984
- 1 Beale, William S. (William Steenbergen)
- 1 Bolling, Robert W. (Robert William), 1899-1969
- 1 Bond, Robert N., 1899-1924
- 1 Bundy, Richard J., 1899-1958
- 1 Davis, Alexander Jackson, 1803-1892
- 1 Deyerle, Charles P. (Charles Peter), 1820-1853
- 1 Doty, Mark H. (Mark Hanahan), 1902-1968
- 1 East, J. Frank (John Franklin), 1901-1979
- 1 Ezekiel, Moses Jacob, 1844-1917
- 1 Gulf Coast Military Academy
- 1 Guthrie, James B., 1907-1984
- 1 Hammond, Gordon, 1897-1953
- 1 Historic American Buildings Survey
- 1 Irwin, Mary Wilson
- 1 Jackson, Montgomery C. (Montgomery Chamberlayne), 1900-1972
- 1 John Milner Associates
- 1 Jordan, John, 1777-1854
- 1 Keitt, Thomas W. (Thomas Wadlington), 1859-1922
- 1 Letcher, John, 1813-1884
- 1 Lincoln, Percy M. (Percy Marsh), 1931-
- 1 Lowry, Day
- 1 Meriwether, Willis J.
- 1 Milton, William H. (William Hammond), 1900-1984
- 1 Morton, Theodore F. (Theodore Feild), 1899-1978
- 1 Moss, Clement M. (Clement Murphy), 1902-1970
- 1 Munce, Marshall G. (Marshall Gilliam), 1896-1977
- 1 Neill, William
- 1 Nelson, Nathan H. (Nathan Henry), 1902-1972
- 1 Nichols, E. W. (Edward West), 1858-1927
- 1 Nixon, Thomas S. (Thomas Scott), 1901-1980
- 1 Nunnamaker, Harold, 1910-1976
- 4 Smith, Francis H. (Francis Henney), 1812-1890
- 1 Smith, Philip, 1893-1948
- 1 Stewart, Henry M. (Henry Montgomery), 1911-1988
- 1 Strange family
- 1 Strange, John B. (John Bowie), 1823-1862
- 1 Virginia Military Institute. Alumni Association
- 1 Virginia Military Institute. Department of History
- 1 Virginia Military Institute. Library
- 1 Virginia Military Institute. Museum
- 1 Virginia Military Institute. Office of Communications and Marketing
- 4 Virginia Military Institute. Office of the Deputy Superintendent for Finance, Administration, and Support
- 1 Waddell, James H. (James Henry), 1833-1884
- 1 Watson, William H. (William Henry), 1907-1974
- 1 von Schilling, Leopold M. (Leopold Marshall), 1905-1981 ∧ less