Showing Collections: 11 - 20 of 30
Scope and Contents The collection consists primarily of Berry's incoming and outgoing correspondence, the bulk of which dates from the period of his cadetship, 1917-1921. Included are letters to and from his parents, which include many reference to VMI activities, circa 1920. A related collection is the M. Keith Berry Photograph Collection, a part of the VMI Archives photograph holdings.
Scope and Contents Scrapbook compiled by VMI cadet Marshall G. Munce, during the period 1913-1917. Includes photographs and other mementos.
Scope and Contents VMI scrapbook compiled by Cadet Montgomery C. Jackson. Includes photographs of cadet life (classmates, dances, athletic events) and buildings; clippings and other memorabilia.
Scope and Contents VMI scrapbook, 1918-1922, compiled by Cadet Nathan H. Nelson. Contains photographs, clippings& other mementos. Subjects include buildings, athletics, social events, classmates. Also contains a few annotations by Nelson.
Scope and Contents Fragment of a scrapbook compiled by Nellie T. Gibbs, VMI Librarian from 1908-1931. Collection also contains postcards and miscellaneous correspondence.
Scope and Contents Miscellaneous papers (ca. 40 items) dating from the cadetship of Ora M. Baldinger, VMI Class of 1910. Included are his cadet account book, grade reports, receipts, and class notes from Engineering and Physics.
Scope and Contents VMI scrapbook compiled by Cadet Philip Smith. Includes photographs (individual cadets, cadet life, buildings, Lexington, Goshen), invitations, programs, and other VMI memorabilia.
Scope and Contents VMI scrapbook, 1916-1920, compiled by Cadet Richard J. Bundy. Includes photographs of cadet life (classmates, dances, athletic events) and buildings; clippings and other memorabilia.
Scope and Contents Scrapbook compiled by Cadet Robert Bond, Jr., VMI Class of 1919, covering the academic year 1915-1916. Included are snapshots, dance programs, clipppings, and other VMI memorabilia. Topics of the photographs include his classmates and friends, cadet life, athletics, faculty, and VMI buildings. The collection also includes 2 letters to his father; the letter dated September 12, 1915, contains an extensive description of the life of a new cadet ("Rat"), including a description of hazing practices.
Scope and Contents Notebook containing typescript copies of the letters of Cadet Samuel Burton Wilson, Jr., VMI Class of 1921. The letters, dated September 1917-June 1921, provide a detailed account of cadet life during that period. The notebook also contains copies of relevant family photographs and genealogical information. The letters were transcribed and donated by Wilson's daughter.
- Subject: Virginia Military Institute -- Cadet Life -- 1910-1919 X
- 1 Austin, Samuel L. (Samuel Lord), 1898-1987
- 1 Baldinger, Ora M. (Ora Mathias), 1886-1978
- 1 Barton, George L. (George Lloyd), 1891-1984
- 1 Berry, M. Keith (Marshall Keith), 1899-1985
- 1 Bond, Robert N., 1899-1924
- 1 Bowering, Benjamin, 1894-1952
- 1 Bundy, Richard J., 1899-1958
- 1 Dillard, William E. (William Evans), 1893-1944
- 1 Gaillard, Charles C.
- 1 Gaillard, Fred E.
- 1 Gibbs, Nellie Tracy, 1868-1948
- 1 Hammond, Gordon, 1897-1953
- 1 Haskell, John C.
- 1 Hood, Clifton Rodes, Jr. , 1900-1969
- 1 Hood, Clifton Rodes, Sr., 1861-1917
- 1 Jackson, Montgomery C. (Montgomery Chamberlayne), 1900-1972
- 1 Lowry, Sumter L., 1893-
- 1 Milton, William H. (William Hammond), 1900-1984
- 1 Morton, Theodore F. (Theodore Feild), 1899-1978
- 1 Munce, Marshall G. (Marshall Gilliam), 1896-1977
- 1 Nelson, John C.
- 1 Nelson, Nathan H. (Nathan Henry), 1902-1972
- 1 Nichols, E. W. (Edward West), 1858-1927
- 1 Nixon, Thomas S. (Thomas Scott), 1901-1980
- 1 Parker, John C. (John Crump), 1895-1986
- 1 Payne, John B., 1899-1986
- 1 Scott, Thomas B. (Thomas Branch), 1894-1983
- 1 Smith, Philip, 1893-1948
- 1 Springs, Eli B. (Eli Baxter), 1894-1977
- 1 Tardy, Thomas H. (Thomas Howard), 1889-1960
- 1 Virginia Military Institute. Department of Chemistry
- 1 Virginia Military Institute. Department of History
- 1 Virginia Military Institute. Department of Physics and Astronomy
- 1 Wills, Waller G. (Waller Garland), 1898-1961
- 1 Wilson, Samuel B., 1901-1939 ∧ less