Showing Collections: 21 - 30 of 30
Scope and Contents Cadet scrapbook of Samuel L. Austin, Virginia Military Institute Class of 1921, covering the period 1916-1919. The scrapbook contains over 100 snapshots, as well as dance programs, clippings, drawings, and other VMI memorabilia. Topics of the photographs include his classmates and friends; cadet life (parades, classroom scenes, spring hike, penalty tours, marching to class, gymnasium decorated for a dance); athletics (football, baseball, track, basketball); buildings and grounds (statues,...
Scope and Contents VMI scrapbook compiled by Cadet Sumter Lowry. Includes photographs of camp; clippings; miscellaneous documents concerning cadet life, 1910-1914.
Contents Note Tangi Meli was a cadet social club organized ca. 1912, one of several such "semi-secret" societies that appeared in the years after fraternities were outlawed at VMI. Scrapbook (1912-1916) contains material about the club and VMI activities.
Scope and Contents The collection consists of three VMI scrapbooks compiled by Cadet Theodore Morton during the period 1916-1919. Included are photographs, dance programs and& other VMI memorabilia.
Contents Note Thomas B. Scott, Jr. was a member of the VMI Class of 1917. The collection consists of approximately 20 items, 1915-1919, including Scott's cadet scrapbook containing snapshots of Superintendent Edward W. Nichols, cadets, cadet activities, dance programs, and other VMI memorabilia; miscellaneous other items, including World War I postcards (15 items) and VMI postcards (4 items).
Contents Note The collection (3 items) consists of the VMI account book (1910-1914) of Cadet William H. Tardy; a signed loan agreement, September 1913, between Tardy and VMI; and his writing exercise book.
Scope and Contents Cadet scrapbook and photograph album of Thomas Scott Nixon, Virginia Military Institute Class of 1923, covering the period 1919-1920. Included are snapshots, as well as dance programs, clippings, drawings, and other VMI memorabilia. Topics of the photographs include his classmates and friends, cadet life, athletics, and VMI buildings.
Scope and Contents The papers consist of miscellaneous papers, 1916-1956. Included is a notebook containing unfinished memoirs "Reminiscences of Cadet Days", in which he discusses many aspects of cadet life during the his Rat year, 1915-1916. The papers also include miscellaneous correspondence, cadet handbooks (the Bullet), and a dance program for the Cadet club, the "Nuggateers".
Scope and Contents Fourteen page letter from VMI Cadet William E. Dillard to his mother, dated 1910 May 16. Dillard describes in detail the Corps' march to Staunton, VA, including events in camp and in Fairfield and Staunton.
Scope and Contents Scrapbook compiled by VMI Cadet William H. Milton, Jr. Includes photographs and other mementos collected during his cadetship, 1916-1920. In later life he served as VMI's eighth Superintendent
- Subject: Virginia Military Institute -- Cadet Life -- 1910-1919 X
- 1 Austin, Samuel L. (Samuel Lord), 1898-1987
- 1 Baldinger, Ora M. (Ora Mathias), 1886-1978
- 1 Barton, George L. (George Lloyd), 1891-1984
- 1 Berry, M. Keith (Marshall Keith), 1899-1985
- 1 Bond, Robert N., 1899-1924
- 1 Bowering, Benjamin, 1894-1952
- 1 Bundy, Richard J., 1899-1958
- 1 Dillard, William E. (William Evans), 1893-1944
- 1 Gaillard, Charles C.
- 1 Gaillard, Fred E.
- 1 Gibbs, Nellie Tracy, 1868-1948
- 1 Hammond, Gordon, 1897-1953
- 1 Haskell, John C.
- 1 Hood, Clifton Rodes, Jr. , 1900-1969
- 1 Hood, Clifton Rodes, Sr., 1861-1917
- 1 Jackson, Montgomery C. (Montgomery Chamberlayne), 1900-1972
- 1 Lowry, Sumter L., 1893-
- 1 Milton, William H. (William Hammond), 1900-1984
- 1 Morton, Theodore F. (Theodore Feild), 1899-1978
- 1 Munce, Marshall G. (Marshall Gilliam), 1896-1977
- 1 Nelson, John C.
- 1 Nelson, Nathan H. (Nathan Henry), 1902-1972
- 1 Nichols, E. W. (Edward West), 1858-1927
- 1 Nixon, Thomas S. (Thomas Scott), 1901-1980
- 1 Parker, John C. (John Crump), 1895-1986
- 1 Payne, John B., 1899-1986
- 1 Scott, Thomas B. (Thomas Branch), 1894-1983
- 1 Smith, Philip, 1893-1948
- 1 Springs, Eli B. (Eli Baxter), 1894-1977
- 1 Tardy, Thomas H. (Thomas Howard), 1889-1960
- 1 Virginia Military Institute. Department of Chemistry
- 1 Virginia Military Institute. Department of History
- 1 Virginia Military Institute. Department of Physics and Astronomy
- 1 Wills, Waller G. (Waller Garland), 1898-1961
- 1 Wilson, Samuel B., 1901-1939 ∧ less