Showing Collections: 11 - 20 of 47
Scope and Contents The collection consists of his diaries for the period 1909-1936; 1 volume of lecture notes (1933-1935) used for a history course at VMI; and a photograph album (1917-1927) containing images of cadet life, VMI buildings, and family members.
Scope and Contents The collection consists of 2 items. 1. VMI scrapbook compiled by Cadet George Cooper. Included are photographs, athletic and dance programs, clippings, and other mementos collected by Cooper during his cadetship, 1928-1932. 2. Typescript memoirs, approximately 325 pages, detailing Cooper's Marine Corps Service in the Pacific Theater during World War II. He served with the 2d Combat Engineer Battalion, 2d Marine Division.
Scope and Contents Personal papers of Henry A. Wise, including general correspondence, family correspondence, subject files, and materials relating to the publication of his book, Drawing Out the Man: The VMI story. Inventory available.
Scope and Contents VMI scrapbook compiled by Cadet Hugh B. Rice. Contains photographs (including ROTC cavalry unit), programs, playbills, and other VMI memorabilia.
Scope and Contents VMI scrapbook compiled by Cadet J. Frank East, documenting his cadetship (1920-1924). Includes photographs of buildings, people, and the ROTC Cavalry unit, dance programs, sports souvenirs, other memorabilia.
Scope and Contents The papers (approximately 6 linear feet) document the career of sportsman and businessman J. Smith Ferebee, VMI CLass of 1927. Included are clippings, photographs, printed materials, and correspondence, 1923-1990, that document Ferebee's widely publicized golf marathon (1938) and other sports interests, and his career with the Equitable insurance company. The collection also includes one photograph album dating from Ferefee's VMI cadetship and miscellaneous personal correspondence.
Scope and Contents Six letters, 1920-1921, written by Cadet James D. Hankins to his cousin Florence. He describes many features of cadet life during the early 1920's, including a New Year's Eve celebration, a feud between the first and third classes, throwing "bombs" in Barracks courtyard, final exams, and a ghost haunting barracks.
Scope and Contents VMI scrapbook, covering the 1928-1929 school year, compiled by Cadet James B. Guthrie of Birmingham, Alabama. He was a member of the Class of 1932 and attended for one year. The scrapbook Includes photographs of cadet life and buildings; clippings and other memorabilia. A few items date from Guthrie's attendance at the Gulf Coast Military Academy prior to his enrollment at VMI. Guthrie (b. 1907 d. 1984) spent 32 years in the U. S. Army.
Scope and Contents Virginia Military Institute (VMI) scrapbook, 1922-1926, compiled by Cadet James N. Bell, Class of 1926. Includes photographs of cadet life, classmates, buildings; newspaper clippings (documenting athletic and other events) and memorabilia such as dance programs.
Scope and Contents Virginia Military Institute (VMI) scrapbook, 1917-1921, compiled by Cadet John B. Payne, Class of 1921. Includes photographs of cadet life, athletics, classmates, buildings; newspaper clippings, and memorabilia.
- Subject: Virginia Military Institute -- Cadet Life -- 1920-1929 X
- 1 Bagby, Pleasant H. (Pleasant Harwood), 1910-
- 1 Barton, George L. (George Lloyd), 1891-1984
- 1 Bell, James N. (James Nichol), 1904-1977
- 1 Berry, M. Keith (Marshall Keith), 1899-1985
- 1 Blain, Stanton F. (Stanton Forman), 1902-1972
- 1 Bolling, Robert W. (Robert William), 1899-1969
- 1 Britt, Albert S.
- 1 Bundy, Richard J., 1899-1958
- 1 Cocke, William H. (William Horner), 1874-1938
- 1 Cooper, George L. H. (George Lawrence Hawkins), 1911-1984
- 1 Dewey, Franklin H. (Franklin Haylander), 1908-1986
- 1 Doty, Mark H. (Mark Hanahan), 1902-1968
- 1 Earle, Robert A. (Robert August), 1906-1991
- 1 East, J. Frank (John Franklin), 1901-1979
- 1 Ferebee, J. Smith (James Smith), 1906-1988
- 1 Foster, Charles E., 1903-1938
- 1 Garbutt, William A., 1909-1998
- 1 Griffith, William F. R., Jr.
- 1 Gulf Coast Military Academy
- 1 Guthrie, James B., 1907-1984
- 1 Hanger, George D. (George DeLancey), 1907-1992
- 1 Hankins, James D. (James DeWitt), 1902-1978
- 1 Hannah, Andrew L. (Andrew Lee), 1903-1982
- 1 Hopkins, William A. (William Addison), 1903-1971
- 1 Houston, Levin J. (Levin James), 1905-1990
- 1 Hubbard, Mont, Jr., 1910-1968
- 1 Kyle, John H. (John Holmes), 1901-1984
- 1 Langford, Lee E., 1908-1956
- 2 McCarthy, Frank, 1912-1986
- 1 Meriwether, Willis J.
- 1 Meyers, Bennet A. (Bennet Aaron), 1910-1975
- 1 Milton, William H. (William Hammond), 1900-1984
- 1 Montague, Ludwell Lee, 1907-1972
- 1 Moss, Clement M. (Clement Murphy), 1902-1970
- 1 Nelson, Nathan H. (Nathan Henry), 1902-1972
- 1 Nicholls, Tom R. (Tom Riston), 1906-1990
- 1 Nixon, Thomas S. (Thomas Scott), 1901-1980
- 1 Payne, John B., 1899-1986
- 1 Rice, Hugh B. (Hugh Banker), 1900-1977
- 1 Schmidt, Alfred C. (Alfred Clarence), 1901-1976
- 1 Scott, George C., Jr. (George Cole)
- 1 Sinclair, Richard B. (Richard Bain), 1908-1996
- 1 Smith, Otis D. (Otis David), 1913-1992
- 1 Virginia Military Institute. Department of History
- 1 Vivian, William R. (William Rhoads), 1911-2009
- 1 Wallace, Robert L. (Robert Lucius), 1902-1988
- 1 Watson, William H. (William Henry), 1907-1974
- 1 Wilson, Samuel B., 1901-1939
- 1 Wise family
- 1 Wise, Henry A. (Henry Alexander), 1874-1968
- 1 Wise, Henry Alexander, 1906-1982
- 1 Wise, Jennings C. (Jennings Cropper), 1881-1968
- 1 Woodward, Richard R. (Richard Rawles), 1905-1982
- 1 von Schilling, Leopold M. (Leopold Marshall), 1905-1981 ∧ less