Showing Collections: 21 - 30 of 47
Scope and Contents The collection consists primarily of ca. 20 items from John H. Kyle's VMI cadetship (1919-1923), including a scrapbook, grade reports, sketchbook with pencil drawings of cadets and cartoons depicting VMI life, and photographs. Also miscellaneous documents from 1923-1937, including a letter from Frank McCarthy, Class of 1933.
Scope and Contents Diary, approximately 100 pages, kept by VMI Cadet Langford during the period January-June 1927. Short daily entries document the typical routine and events of cadet life during the late 1920's. Langford later served in World War II and had a career in Civil Engineering. He died in 1956 at age 48.
Scope and Contents Scrapbook compiled by Cadet Leopold M. von Schilling, Virginia Military Institute, Class of 1926, covering the period 1922-1925. Included are snapshots, dance programs, clippings, drawings, and other VMI memorabilia. Topics of the photographs include his classmates and friends, cadet life, athletics, and VMI buildings.
Scope and Contents A collection of 17 watercolor and pen/ink drawings by Cadet Levin J. Houston. Several of the drawings were featured in the cadet magazine known as "The Sniper", published during the 1920's.
Scope and Contents The collection consists primarily of transcriptions of Montague's outgoing correspondence, 1924-1956, which were compiled and edited by two of his daughters. The Letters are arranged chronologically and the editors have included explanatory notes, photographs, and other relevant supplementary material. The bulk of the letters date from his student years at VMI, and they provide a detailed view of cadet life during the 1920s. Also included are letters dating from his years in graduate schook,...
Scope and Contents The collection consists primarily of Berry's incoming and outgoing correspondence, the bulk of which dates from the period of his cadetship, 1917-1921. Included are letters to and from his parents, which include many reference to VMI activities, circa 1920. A related collection is the M. Keith Berry Photograph Collection, a part of the VMI Archives photograph holdings.
Scope and Contents VMI scrapbook compiled by Cadet Doty. Contains photographs of cadet life, classmates, buildings, athletics. Memorabilia (programs, clippings) also included.
Scope and Contents The collection consists of six items. Three items document Virginia Military Institute cadet life, 1928-1929. Included are a letter from Cadet Mont Hubbard, VMI Class of 1932, to his friend Nina Pruett, in which he mentions various events at VMI; a VMI postcard "line saver for overworked keydets" and a VMI Easter card. The last two items were also mailed to Miss Pruett. Also included are two annotated maps used by Col. Mont Hubbard during World War II. A map of France and...
Scope and Contents VMI scrapbook, 1918-1922, compiled by Cadet Nathan H. Nelson. Contains photographs, clippings& other mementos. Subjects include buildings, athletics, social events, classmates. Also contains a few annotations by Nelson.
Scope and Contents Miscellaneous personal papers (10 items) from the cadetship of Otis D. Smith, Class of 1933. Includes Smith's letter of appointment to VMI (1929); 1 letter to Cadet Smith from the Lexington Postmaster explaining why VMI does not have a branch post office; correspondence concerning the purchase of a radio & radio contest; Finals program, 1933; 2 photographs (cadet group with Frank McCarthy, Smith & others; Smith on stoops); postcard (1929) sent by Superintendent John A. Lejeune to...
- Subject: Virginia Military Institute -- Cadet Life -- 1920-1929 X
- 1 Bagby, Pleasant H. (Pleasant Harwood), 1910-
- 1 Barton, George L. (George Lloyd), 1891-1984
- 1 Bell, James N. (James Nichol), 1904-1977
- 1 Berry, M. Keith (Marshall Keith), 1899-1985
- 1 Blain, Stanton F. (Stanton Forman), 1902-1972
- 1 Bolling, Robert W. (Robert William), 1899-1969
- 1 Britt, Albert S.
- 1 Bundy, Richard J., 1899-1958
- 1 Cocke, William H. (William Horner), 1874-1938
- 1 Cooper, George L. H. (George Lawrence Hawkins), 1911-1984
- 1 Dewey, Franklin H. (Franklin Haylander), 1908-1986
- 1 Doty, Mark H. (Mark Hanahan), 1902-1968
- 1 Earle, Robert A. (Robert August), 1906-1991
- 1 East, J. Frank (John Franklin), 1901-1979
- 1 Ferebee, J. Smith (James Smith), 1906-1988
- 1 Foster, Charles E., 1903-1938
- 1 Garbutt, William A., 1909-1998
- 1 Griffith, William F. R., Jr.
- 1 Gulf Coast Military Academy
- 1 Guthrie, James B., 1907-1984
- 1 Hanger, George D. (George DeLancey), 1907-1992
- 1 Hankins, James D. (James DeWitt), 1902-1978
- 1 Hannah, Andrew L. (Andrew Lee), 1903-1982
- 1 Hopkins, William A. (William Addison), 1903-1971
- 1 Houston, Levin J. (Levin James), 1905-1990
- 1 Hubbard, Mont, Jr., 1910-1968
- 1 Kyle, John H. (John Holmes), 1901-1984
- 1 Langford, Lee E., 1908-1956
- 2 McCarthy, Frank, 1912-1986
- 1 Meriwether, Willis J.
- 1 Meyers, Bennet A. (Bennet Aaron), 1910-1975
- 1 Milton, William H. (William Hammond), 1900-1984
- 1 Montague, Ludwell Lee, 1907-1972
- 1 Moss, Clement M. (Clement Murphy), 1902-1970
- 1 Nelson, Nathan H. (Nathan Henry), 1902-1972
- 1 Nicholls, Tom R. (Tom Riston), 1906-1990
- 1 Nixon, Thomas S. (Thomas Scott), 1901-1980
- 1 Payne, John B., 1899-1986
- 1 Rice, Hugh B. (Hugh Banker), 1900-1977
- 1 Schmidt, Alfred C. (Alfred Clarence), 1901-1976
- 1 Scott, George C., Jr. (George Cole)
- 1 Sinclair, Richard B. (Richard Bain), 1908-1996
- 1 Smith, Otis D. (Otis David), 1913-1992
- 1 Virginia Military Institute. Department of History
- 1 Vivian, William R. (William Rhoads), 1911-2009
- 1 Wallace, Robert L. (Robert Lucius), 1902-1988
- 1 Watson, William H. (William Henry), 1907-1974
- 1 Wilson, Samuel B., 1901-1939
- 1 Wise family
- 1 Wise, Henry A. (Henry Alexander), 1874-1968
- 1 Wise, Henry Alexander, 1906-1982
- 1 Wise, Jennings C. (Jennings Cropper), 1881-1968
- 1 Woodward, Richard R. (Richard Rawles), 1905-1982
- 1 von Schilling, Leopold M. (Leopold Marshall), 1905-1981 ∧ less