Showing Collections: 11 - 20 of 28
Scope and Contents Miscellaneous papers, 1929-1935, of VMI alumnus Henry M. Stewart, Jr., Class of 1935. The collection includes memorabilia from Stewart's high school years at the Staunton Military Academy and his cadetship at VMI. The VMI material includes a scrapbook, dance and athletic programs, drawings, photographs, information about the Class of 1935 ring design, and other mementos of Stewart's cadetship.
Scope and Contents Miscellaneous papers dating from the cadetship of James Keith, including a scrapbook fragment; 3 essays written for English & History classes; snapshots (ca. 17 items) and a furlough request.
Scope and Contents The collection includes military orders, misc. documents relating to bombing missions, misc. other military records, and five photographs. The collection also contains information dating from Randolph's VMI Cadetship, including material relating to his involvement in the production of the "Second Class Show"; and a notebook containing engineering class notes.
Scope and Contents The papers consist of correspondence (to parents and other family) and two photograph albums documenting service during World War II; the bulk is dated 1942-1946. The letters cover a wide range of topics, including training in Great Britain, field hospital operations in Europe, and comments about daily aspects of war. The photographs document the unit's movements, staff, and activities in England, France and Belgium. In addition, the papers include a photograph album (1936-1937) dating from his...
Scope and Contents VMI account book of Cadet John M. Willis, listing expenses for the academic year 1932-1933.
Scope and Contents In Feb. 1931 Joseph D. Dew and William F. Ramson (VMI Class of 1932), secured jobs as deck hands on a freighter and worked their way to Europe. The collection consists of letters, Feb.-April 1931, from Dew to his parents, written on board ship and while touring Europe.
Scope and Contents Miscellaneous papers, including cadet scrapbook, cadet account book, general correspondence and correspondence with VMI alumni, photographs, misc. military records, numerous resolutions & award certificates. Oversized items filed separately. See also: Diploma collection.
Scope and Contents Miscellaneous personal papers (10 items) from the cadetship of Otis D. Smith, Class of 1933. Includes Smith's letter of appointment to VMI (1929); 1 letter to Cadet Smith from the Lexington Postmaster explaining why VMI does not have a branch post office; correspondence concerning the purchase of a radio & radio contest; Finals program, 1933; 2 photographs (cadet group with Frank McCarthy, Smith & others; Smith on stoops); postcard (1929) sent by Superintendent John A. Lejeune to...
Scope and Contents Scrapbook compiled by VMI Cadet Pleasant H. Bagby. Included are photographs, dance programs, and other VMI memorabilia.
Scope and Contents Scrapbook compiled by Jones (Virginia Military Institute Class of 1934) during his cadetship, 1930-1934. Includes photographs of cadet life, buildings, events; newspaper clippings; dance and other programs; misc. VMI memorabilia.
- Subject: Virginia Military Institute -- Cadet life -- 1930-1939 X
- 1 Bagby, Pleasant H. (Pleasant Harwood), 1910-
- 1 Britt, Albert S.
- 1 Burger, Ammen L., 1917-1994
- 1 Couper, John L. (John Lee), 1916-2000
- 1 Couper, Wm. (William), b. 1884
- 1 Coxe, Simeon O., 1910-1999
- 1 Davis, Albert D. (Albert Daniel), 1913-1992
- 1 Dew, Joseph D. (Joseph DeJarnette), 1912-1968
- 1 Eickelberg, William T. (William Thomson), 1922-
- 1 Finklehoffe, Fred Franklin
- 1 Garbutt, William A., 1909-1998
- 1 Huger, Benjamin, Jr.
- 1 Jones, Reverdy H., 1913-1980
- 1 Keith, James, 1911-
- 2 McCarthy, Frank, 1912-1986
- 1 McCuaig, Duncan R., Dr.
- 1 Neikirk, Joseph D. (Joseph Dillard), 1911-1990
- 1 Nunnamaker, Harold, 1910-1976
- 1 O'Hara, Robert G.
- 1 Pancake, Frank R.
- 1 Ramson, William F.
- 1 Randolph, John H. Jr., 1921-
- 1 Sinclair, Richard B. (Richard Bain), 1908-1996
- 1 Smith, Otis D. (Otis David), 1913-1992
- 1 Smith, S. Strother, 1913-
- 1 St. Anne's School (Charlottesville, Va.)
- 1 Stewart, Henry M. (Henry Montgomery), 1911-1988
- 1 Torrington, Francis R.
- 1 Towne, Roger E. (Roger Earl), 1913-1983
- 1 Vivian, William R. (William Rhoads), 1911-2009
- 1 Willis, John M. (John Mitchell), 1915-1962 ∧ less