Showing Collections: 21 - 28 of 28
Scope and Contents The collection consists of World War II era maps and listings of geodesic points used by Sinclair while fighting in Europe; and items dating from Sinclair's VMI cadetship, including cadet account book, listing school expenses 1927-1931; dance and finals programs.
Scope and Contents VMI Account book of Cadet Robert G. O'Hara, VMI Class of 1935. Contains entries for VMI expenses, 1931-1933.
Scope and Contents Cadet diary (1932-1933), scrapbooks and photograph album principally documenting the VMI cadetship and army career of Roger E. Towne. Miscellaneous items date from after his retirement from military service.
Scope and Contents Scrapbook fragment (1 page) compiled by Cadet Strother Smith, Class of 1937. The page contains 4 items: Receipt for 2 swords from the Lilley-Ames Company; Finals programs, 1935; Final Ball program, 1935; roster, Company "C".
Scope and Contents The Simeon O. Coxe collection contains a one volume typewritten transcription of letters written by Cadet Coxe (Virginia Military Institute Class of 1933) to his parents in Richmond, Virginia. The letters cover Coxe's entire cadetship (1929-1933) and contain a detailed record of VMI student life during early 1930's. Topics include daily routines; hazing; financial concerns; academics; athletics; ROTC summer camp at Fort Hoyle, Maryland; and the Ring Figure dance.
Scope and Contents Virginia Military Institute (VMI) scrapbook, 1929-1930, compiled by Cadet William A. Garbutt, Class of 1933. Garbutt attended for one year. Includes photographs of cadet life, classmates, buildings; newspaper clippings, and memorabilia.
Scope and Contents Miscellaneous personal papers. Includes scrapbook and VMI memorabilia from his cadetship; records from his U. S. Army service; roster of the 698th Field Artillery Battalion during World War II; photographs; and citations and certificates.
Scope and Contents William T. Eickelberg is a member of the VMI Class of 1944. The collection consists of 4 items, including a "three year testimonial" that was presented to each member of the Class of 1944, in lieu of a diploma, when the class members were called to active duty in May 1943. Also includes 3 class schedule cards for Cadet Eickelberg.
- Subject: Virginia Military Institute -- Cadet life -- 1930-1939 X
- 1 Bagby, Pleasant H. (Pleasant Harwood), 1910-
- 1 Britt, Albert S.
- 1 Burger, Ammen L., 1917-1994
- 1 Couper, John L. (John Lee), 1916-2000
- 1 Couper, Wm. (William), b. 1884
- 1 Coxe, Simeon O., 1910-1999
- 1 Davis, Albert D. (Albert Daniel), 1913-1992
- 1 Dew, Joseph D. (Joseph DeJarnette), 1912-1968
- 1 Eickelberg, William T. (William Thomson), 1922-
- 1 Finklehoffe, Fred Franklin
- 1 Garbutt, William A., 1909-1998
- 1 Huger, Benjamin, Jr.
- 1 Jones, Reverdy H., 1913-1980
- 1 Keith, James, 1911-
- 2 McCarthy, Frank, 1912-1986
- 1 McCuaig, Duncan R., Dr.
- 1 Neikirk, Joseph D. (Joseph Dillard), 1911-1990
- 1 Nunnamaker, Harold, 1910-1976
- 1 O'Hara, Robert G.
- 1 Pancake, Frank R.
- 1 Ramson, William F.
- 1 Randolph, John H. Jr., 1921-
- 1 Sinclair, Richard B. (Richard Bain), 1908-1996
- 1 Smith, Otis D. (Otis David), 1913-1992
- 1 Smith, S. Strother, 1913-
- 1 St. Anne's School (Charlottesville, Va.)
- 1 Stewart, Henry M. (Henry Montgomery), 1911-1988
- 1 Torrington, Francis R.
- 1 Towne, Roger E. (Roger Earl), 1913-1983
- 1 Vivian, William R. (William Rhoads), 1911-2009
- 1 Willis, John M. (John Mitchell), 1915-1962 ∧ less