Showing Collections: 11 - 20 of 56
Scope and Contents VMI scrapbook compiled by Cadet Franklin H. Dewey, Class of 1929, covering the period 1926-1929. It contains candid photographs of cadet life in the 1920's, classmates, buildings, athletics; and memorabilia such as programs, clippings, and misc. documents.
Scope and Contents The Fred F. Finklehoffe collection contains the manuscript of an early version of the play "Brother Rat" ("When the Roll is Called"), which was submitted to VMI Professor of English Raymond E. Dixon by Finklehoffe and John Monks, Jr. The collection also includes screenplays, clippings, and scrapbooks from Mr. Finklehoffe's cadetship and career.
Scope and Contents Scrapbook compiled by Cadet Frederick M. Moyer, containing clippings, photographs, letters and other mementos, most concerning his VMI wrestling career.
Scope and Contents VMI scrapbook compiled by Cadet George D. Hanger during his cadetship, 1924-1928. Includes photographs, programs, and other VMI mementos.
Scope and Contents The collection consists of 2 items. 1. VMI scrapbook compiled by Cadet George Cooper. Included are photographs, athletic and dance programs, clippings, and other mementos collected by Cooper during his cadetship, 1928-1932. 2. Typescript memoirs, approximately 325 pages, detailing Cooper's Marine Corps Service in the Pacific Theater during World War II. He served with the 2d Combat Engineer Battalion, 2d Marine Division.
Scope and Contents Scrapbook compiled by Cadet Gordon Hammond, VMI Class of 1919, covering the academic year 1915-1916. Included are snapshots, dance programs, clippings, and other VMI memorabilia. Topics of the photographs include his classmates and friends, cadet life, athletics, and VMI buildings.
Scope and Contents Fragment of a VMI scrapbook compiled by Cadet Harold Nunnamaker. Includes photos of camp, buildings, cadet life; misc. clippings; one item concerning the Yorktown sesquicentennial celebration in 1931.
Scope and Contents VMI scrapbook compiled by Cadet Hugh B. Rice. Contains photographs (including ROTC cavalry unit), programs, playbills, and other VMI memorabilia.
Scope and Contents VMI scrapbook compiled by Cadet J. Frank East, documenting his cadetship (1920-1924). Includes photographs of buildings, people, and the ROTC Cavalry unit, dance programs, sports souvenirs, other memorabilia.
Scope and Contents VMI scrapbook, covering the 1928-1929 school year, compiled by Cadet James B. Guthrie of Birmingham, Alabama. He was a member of the Class of 1932 and attended for one year. The scrapbook Includes photographs of cadet life and buildings; clippings and other memorabilia. A few items date from Guthrie's attendance at the Gulf Coast Military Academy prior to his enrollment at VMI. Guthrie (b. 1907 d. 1984) spent 32 years in the U. S. Army.
- Subject: Virginia Military Institute -- Scrapbooks X
- 1 Austin, Samuel L. (Samuel Lord), 1898-1987
- 1 Bagby, Pleasant H. (Pleasant Harwood), 1910-
- 1 Beeton, Francis E. (Francis Emerson), 1890-1981
- 1 Bell, James N. (James Nichol), 1904-1977
- 1 Bolling, Robert W. (Robert William), 1899-1969
- 1 Bond, Robert N., 1899-1924
- 1 Bundy, Richard J., 1899-1958
- 1 Carter, Spencer L. (Spencer Leslie), 1873-1950
- 1 Cooper, George L. H. (George Lawrence Hawkins), 1911-1984
- 1 Davis, Albert D. (Albert Daniel), 1913-1992
- 1 Dewey, Franklin H. (Franklin Haylander), 1908-1986
- 1 Doty, Mark H. (Mark Hanahan), 1902-1968
- 1 East, J. Frank (John Franklin), 1901-1979
- 1 Finklehoffe, Fred Franklin
- 1 Garbutt, William A., 1909-1998
- 2 Gibbs, Nellie Tracy, 1868-1948
- 1 Gulf Coast Military Academy
- 1 Guthrie, James B., 1907-1984
- 1 Gwathmey, Lomax, 1937-1970
- 1 Hammond, Gordon, 1897-1953
- 1 Hanger, George D. (George DeLancey), 1907-1992
- 1 Hannah, Andrew L. (Andrew Lee), 1903-1982
- 1 Hopkins, William A. (William Addison), 1903-1971
- 1 Jackson, Montgomery C. (Montgomery Chamberlayne), 1900-1972
- 1 Jones, Reverdy H., 1913-1980
- 1 Lincoln, Percy M. (Percy Marsh), 1931-
- 1 Lowry, Sumter L., 1893-
- 1 Meriwether, Willis J.
- 1 Meyers, Bennet A. (Bennet Aaron), 1910-1975
- 1 Milton, William H. (William Hammond), 1900-1984
- 1 Morton, Theodore F. (Theodore Feild), 1899-1978
- 1 Moss, Clement M. (Clement Murphy), 1902-1970
- 1 Moyer, Frederick M. (Frederick Madison), 1923-1974
- 1 Munce, Marshall G. (Marshall Gilliam), 1896-1977
- 1 Neikirk, Joseph D. (Joseph Dillard), 1911-1990
- 1 Nelson, Nathan H. (Nathan Henry), 1902-1972
- 1 Nichols, E. W. (Edward West), 1858-1927
- 1 Nixon, Thomas S. (Thomas Scott), 1901-1980
- 1 Nunnamaker, Harold, 1910-1976
- 1 Pates, Bruce A., III
- 1 Payne, John B., 1899-1986
- 1 Rice, Hugh B. (Hugh Banker), 1900-1977
- 1 Schmidt, Alfred C. (Alfred Clarence), 1901-1976
- 1 Scott, Thomas B. (Thomas Branch), 1894-1983
- 1 Smith, Philip, 1893-1948
- 1 Smith, Robert N.
- 1 Smith, S. Strother, 1913-
- 1 Springs, Eli B. (Eli Baxter), 1894-1977
- 1 Tice, E. Jackson
- 1 Torrington, Francis R.
- 1 Virginia Military Institute. Office of Communications and Marketing
- 1 Vivian, William R. (William Rhoads), 1911-2009
- 1 Wallace, Robert L. (Robert Lucius), 1902-1988
- 1 Watson, William H. (William Henry), 1907-1974
- 1 Woodward, Richard R. (Richard Rawles), 1905-1982
- 1 von Schilling, Leopold M. (Leopold Marshall), 1905-1981 ∧ less