Showing Collections: 41 - 50 of 56
Scope and Contents Cadet scrapbook of Samuel L. Austin, Virginia Military Institute Class of 1921, covering the period 1916-1919. The scrapbook contains over 100 snapshots, as well as dance programs, clippings, drawings, and other VMI memorabilia. Topics of the photographs include his classmates and friends; cadet life (parades, classroom scenes, spring hike, penalty tours, marching to class, gymnasium decorated for a dance); athletics (football, baseball, track, basketball); buildings and grounds (statues,...
Scope and Contents The Spencer L. Carter Collection contains two items dating from Carter's Virginia Military Institute cadetship. Included is a notebook (binding missing) compiled by Carter, concerning VMI football and baseball. It includes lists of teams, game scores, and plays. The collection also contains an annotated copy of "The VMI Scrapbook," a compilation of cadet poetry and prose published in 1891. Carter added notes concerning the VMI Class of 1893, cadet officers, and Kappa Alpha Fraternity members.
Scope and Contents VMI scrapbook compiled by Cadet Sumter Lowry. Includes photographs of camp; clippings; miscellaneous documents concerning cadet life, 1910-1914.
Contents Note Tangi Meli was a cadet social club organized ca. 1912, one of several such "semi-secret" societies that appeared in the years after fraternities were outlawed at VMI. Scrapbook (1912-1916) contains material about the club and VMI activities.
Scope and Contents The collection consists of three VMI scrapbooks compiled by Cadet Theodore Morton during the period 1916-1919. Included are photographs, dance programs and& other VMI memorabilia.
Contents Note Thomas B. Scott, Jr. was a member of the VMI Class of 1917. The collection consists of approximately 20 items, 1915-1919, including Scott's cadet scrapbook containing snapshots of Superintendent Edward W. Nichols, cadets, cadet activities, dance programs, and other VMI memorabilia; miscellaneous other items, including World War I postcards (15 items) and VMI postcards (4 items).
Scope and Contents Cadet scrapbook and photograph album of Thomas Scott Nixon, Virginia Military Institute Class of 1923, covering the period 1919-1920. Included are snapshots, as well as dance programs, clippings, drawings, and other VMI memorabilia. Topics of the photographs include his classmates and friends, cadet life, athletics, and VMI buildings.
Scope and Contents A collection of cadet scrapbooks featuring photographs, memorabilia, and miscellanea documenting cadet life.
Scope and Contents Scrapbooks of newspaper clippings providing a chronological view of VMI activities, events. Categories include general topics; sports, and special topics. From the 1950's forward these were compiled by the Public Relations staff; prior to that date they originated with various other employees, including the Librarian Nellie Gibbs. The Gibbs sometimes contain photographs pasted to pages. General VMI Topics: 1845-1981; Sports/Athletics, 1920-1972; Special Topics: Hazing death of...
Content Description Loose leaf photocopied pages from the Cadet newspaper and copies of other material documenting VMI track and cross country events for the period 1969-1970. Also contains program and DVD documenting the dedication of the Cormack Field House, 1986; DVD also includes 3 minute clip of a VMI parade ca. 1969.
- Subject: Virginia Military Institute -- Scrapbooks X
- 1 Austin, Samuel L. (Samuel Lord), 1898-1987
- 1 Bagby, Pleasant H. (Pleasant Harwood), 1910-
- 1 Beeton, Francis E. (Francis Emerson), 1890-1981
- 1 Bell, James N. (James Nichol), 1904-1977
- 1 Bolling, Robert W. (Robert William), 1899-1969
- 1 Bond, Robert N., 1899-1924
- 1 Bundy, Richard J., 1899-1958
- 1 Carter, Spencer L. (Spencer Leslie), 1873-1950
- 1 Cooper, George L. H. (George Lawrence Hawkins), 1911-1984
- 1 Davis, Albert D. (Albert Daniel), 1913-1992
- 1 Dewey, Franklin H. (Franklin Haylander), 1908-1986
- 1 Doty, Mark H. (Mark Hanahan), 1902-1968
- 1 East, J. Frank (John Franklin), 1901-1979
- 1 Finklehoffe, Fred Franklin
- 1 Garbutt, William A., 1909-1998
- 2 Gibbs, Nellie Tracy, 1868-1948
- 1 Gulf Coast Military Academy
- 1 Guthrie, James B., 1907-1984
- 1 Gwathmey, Lomax, 1937-1970
- 1 Hammond, Gordon, 1897-1953
- 1 Hanger, George D. (George DeLancey), 1907-1992
- 1 Hannah, Andrew L. (Andrew Lee), 1903-1982
- 1 Hopkins, William A. (William Addison), 1903-1971
- 1 Jackson, Montgomery C. (Montgomery Chamberlayne), 1900-1972
- 1 Jones, Reverdy H., 1913-1980
- 1 Lincoln, Percy M. (Percy Marsh), 1931-
- 1 Lowry, Sumter L., 1893-
- 1 Meriwether, Willis J.
- 1 Meyers, Bennet A. (Bennet Aaron), 1910-1975
- 1 Milton, William H. (William Hammond), 1900-1984
- 1 Morton, Theodore F. (Theodore Feild), 1899-1978
- 1 Moss, Clement M. (Clement Murphy), 1902-1970
- 1 Moyer, Frederick M. (Frederick Madison), 1923-1974
- 1 Munce, Marshall G. (Marshall Gilliam), 1896-1977
- 1 Neikirk, Joseph D. (Joseph Dillard), 1911-1990
- 1 Nelson, Nathan H. (Nathan Henry), 1902-1972
- 1 Nichols, E. W. (Edward West), 1858-1927
- 1 Nixon, Thomas S. (Thomas Scott), 1901-1980
- 1 Nunnamaker, Harold, 1910-1976
- 1 Pates, Bruce A., III
- 1 Payne, John B., 1899-1986
- 1 Rice, Hugh B. (Hugh Banker), 1900-1977
- 1 Schmidt, Alfred C. (Alfred Clarence), 1901-1976
- 1 Scott, Thomas B. (Thomas Branch), 1894-1983
- 1 Smith, Philip, 1893-1948
- 1 Smith, Robert N.
- 1 Smith, S. Strother, 1913-
- 1 Springs, Eli B. (Eli Baxter), 1894-1977
- 1 Tice, E. Jackson
- 1 Torrington, Francis R.
- 1 Virginia Military Institute. Office of Communications and Marketing
- 1 Vivian, William R. (William Rhoads), 1911-2009
- 1 Wallace, Robert L. (Robert Lucius), 1902-1988
- 1 Watson, William H. (William Henry), 1907-1974
- 1 Woodward, Richard R. (Richard Rawles), 1905-1982
- 1 von Schilling, Leopold M. (Leopold Marshall), 1905-1981 ∧ less