Showing Collections: 41 - 47 of 47
Identifier: VMI Photographs Collection
Scope and Contents The VMI Archives is the official repository for the Institute's collection of permanently maintained photographs. The earliest date from the 1840's and the most recent are digital photos from the current academic year. New items are added regularly.
See our photographs digital collection for online access
See our photographs digital collection for online access
Collection — Box: MS0532
Scope and Contents This collection contains autobiographical and biographical information about military service from alumni veterans of World War II through the first Gulf War. The alumni responses range in length from short summaries to longer narrative descriptions detailing service. Some files contain related photographs and/or documents.
Scope and Contents The collection consists of photocopied documents and digital images dating from Dr. Douglas's service as a physician during World War II with the U. S. Army Medical Corps. Most items relate to the administration of hospitals in New Zealand and New Caledonia, where men wounded in Pacific Theater action were treated. On New Caledonia, to which Dr. Douglas was transferred in March 1943, he was responsible for the administration of seven hospitals at Dumbea with approximately 10,000 beds.
Scope and Contents Papers documenting the U. S. Marine Corps career of William G. McClure, Jr., Virginia Military Institute, Class of 1943. The bulk of the papers concern the period of his active duty during World War II, when he served with the 1st Marine Division in the Pacific and was awarded the Purple Heart. Other items include papers relating to his postwar service as a reserve officer; miscellaneous photographs, including one photo of the Class of 1943 Ring Figure Dance (Nov. 1941); biographical and...
Scope and Contents Papers, 1928-1946, concerning William M. Addison's activities as civilian and U.S. Army Chaplain representing the Christian Science faith. Includes correspondence with individuals at the London branch of "Christian Science Wartime Activities of the Mother Church"; sermons and prayers; monthly reports; miscellaneous documents.25 cubic feet.
Scope and Contents The collection consists of two inspection trip scrapbooks, May 1942 and 1943 ("The Cruise of the Flying Cow"; "The Coconut Circuit"), documenting General Upshur's visits to various Pacific islands. Destinations included Midway, Pearl Harbor, Palmyra Island, Johnson Island.
Scope and Contents Miscellaneous personal papers. Includes scrapbook and VMI memorabilia from his cadetship; records from his U. S. Army service; roster of the 698th Field Artillery Battalion during World War II; photographs; and citations and certificates.
- Subject: World War (1939-1945) X
- 1 Adams, Gordon B.
- 1 Addison, William M. (William Marlborough), 1898-1986
- 1 Anderson, James A., Jr.
- 1 Anderson, Marvin J. (Marvin Judson), 1921-1943
- 1 Arnold, Thomas St. John
- 1 Ayres, Henry Fairfax, 1886-1979
- 1 Bostwick, William C.
- 1 Boyer, Donald P., Jr.
- 1 Brand, William F., Jr.
- 1 Brownley, Claud P., III
- 1 Burress, Withers A. (Withers Alexander), 1894-1977
- 1 Carr, Douglas W.
- 1 Charrington, A. M. Randolph, Jr. (Arthur M. R.)
- 1 Chewning, Charles C.
- 1 Clark, Harold P. (Harold Page), 1921-
- 1 Clement, William T., General
- 1 Conner, Albert Z., 1943-
- 1 Cooper, George L. H. (George Lawrence Hawkins), 1911-1984
- 1 Couper, John L. (John Lee), 1916-2000
- 1 Couper, Wm. (William), b. 1884
- 1 Cranford, James R.
- 1 Culpepper, Fred C., Jr.
- 1 Davis, John K. (John Kennerly), 1906-1975
- 1 Deaderick, Robert H.
- 1 Douglas, Wallace S., 1901-1982
- 1 Earle, Robert A. (Robert August), 1906-1991
- 2 Eisenhower, Dwight D. (Dwight David), 1890-1969
- 1 Esser, Jefferson Randolph Cary
- 1 Fosque, George P.
- 1 Foust, Glenn T. (Jim), Jr.
- 1 Gaillard, Charles C.
- 1 Gaillard, Fred E.
- 1 Gatling, Norborne P., Jr.
- 1 George V, King of Great Britain, 1865-1936
- 1 Gerow, Leonard Townsend, 1888-1972
- 1 Grant, Joseph H., Jr.
- 1 Gray, Thomas W.
- 1 Hubbard, Mont, Jr., 1910-1968
- 1 Hunter, Charles M.
- 1 Ingles, John S.
- 1 Irby, Richard L., 1918-2002
- 1 Johnson, J. Pegram, Jr.
- 1 Kibler, A. Franklin (Abram Franklin), 1891-1955
- 2 Kilbourne, Charles E. (Charles Evans), 1872-1963
- 1 Knapp, Jasper W., Jr.
- 1 Letcher, John S.
- 1 Major, J. Russell (James Russell), 1921-
- 1 Manning, Robert J.
- 1 McClure, William G., Jr.
- 1 McCuaig, Duncan R., Dr.
- 1 Monks, John Cherry
- 1 Morrison, James L., Jr. (James Lunsford)
- 1 Moss, James B., Jr., 1924-1998
- 1 Moyer, Frederick M. (Frederick Madison), 1923-1974
- 1 Niess, Richard C. (Richard Charles), 1923-
- 1 Nunn, Arthur B., Jr.
- 2 Patton, George S. (George Smith), 1885-1945
- 1 Patton, John M., 1921-
- 1 Pendleton, Randolph T. (Randolph Tucker), 1889-1973
- 1 Pettit, Overton B.
- 1 Phillips, H. Franklin, 1921-
- 1 Potts, Allen R.
- 1 Ransone, Toler E.
- 1 Rice, Pete, Jr.
- 1 Richardson, Charles C. (Charles Clement)
- 1 Roosevelt, Franklin D. (Franklin Delano), 1882-1945
- 1 Ruffner, David L. (David Lewis), 1896-1973
- 1 Sheffield, John W.
- 1 Shepherd, Lemuel C., Jr. (Lemuel Cornick)
- 2 Sinclair, Richard B. (Richard Bain), 1908-1996
- 1 Smiley, John W.
- 1 Smith, Millard G., Jr.
- 1 Smith, Otis D. (Otis David), 1913-1992
- 1 Smith, Robert N.
- 1 Smith, Sydney S., Jr.
- 1 Sun, Li Jen, ?-1990
- 1 Tighe, Larry
- 2 Tobey, Nelson W. (Nelson Whitney), 1916-2009
- 2 Tompkins, George J., Jr.
- 1 Traver, Richard E.
- 1 Trice, Ezra B.
- 1 Tucker, John R., Jr.
- 1 Upshur, William P. (William Peterkin), 1881-1943
- 1 Virginia Military Institute. Adams Center for Military History
- 1 Virginia Military Institute. Office of the Superintendent.
- 1 Vivian, William R. (William Rhoads), 1911-2009
- 1 Wentz, Robert W.
- 1 Whitmore, Stanley E.
- 1 Wilhelm, Walter L. R., Jr. ∧ less